Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bierocks!

Okay Scott: post the definitive link for recipe.
    Vive le Landis!!!! (cross-posting)

Years ago, I had Latvian neighbors who were on in years. I would do things such as clean their gutters and various jobs they could no longer do themselves, and she would make me bierocks. I was never sure of the proper pronunciation, as she had a heavy Latvian accent. She said it as bee-locks. They were like small buscuits with bacon and cheese inside. Voldemars, her husband played violin, and I would play mandolin with him sometimes.
    A wrong note played timidly is a wrong note. A wrong note played with authority is an interpretation.

Yes, the Granny J bierocks are wonderful, but they aren't lo-cal. Gained weight this weekend, and there is no one to blame but me and the bierocks.

Here is a link to a bierock recipe from Cooking Light. I have never tried a bad recipe from this source, so I bet they are also delicious.

Lower calorie bierocks

Enjoy.
    Brian T. Walker
    Down beside the Alamo
    In the Lone Star State

"Ignorance is when you don't know something and somebody finds it out."
    -- Kenneth "Jethro" Burns

Thanks Scott for introducing me to this great new-to-me food. I made some for my family last night and they were a big hit. My wife is from Kansas City but had never heard of them. More reason to praise the cafe.

Well Scott, I finaly got the time to make some of these. Wonderful! I must admit though that I have never liked Saurkraut, so I fried some cabbage for a substitute. I ate two of them before bedtime. I shouldn't do things like that, as I am round enough, but they were just too hard to resist. We will have the rest for supper tonight.:D Thanks again for shareing.
    Good Pickin', Steve