Thread: Eastman in the UK

If you live midlands then Bole music in Birmingham has the full range in stock. Think I'll tootle along with my 515 and see if the 600's and 800's are better. What do people think?

www.bolemusic.co.uk

Thanks Brian come along and i'll make you a coffee, we have the full range in stock so feel free to try em.
    EASTMAN MANDOLINS IN THE MIDLANDS - THE HEART OF THE U.K
    www.bolemusic.co.uk
    BOLE MUSIC
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
    Tel: 0121 321 1670

Full range also in stock here (and over 200 others to choose from), we've been selling Eastman mandolins since they first became available in the US, lots of experience with them.

Trevor
    Formerly of The Acoustic Music Co (TAMCO) Brighton England now retired.

Looks like a great shop in Brighton ,Trevor, but its great having somewhere selling eastmans in the midlands as its too far from here to Brighton.

I'm looking forward to trying out the TAMCO range when I head down there in August (or when I get the phonecall to say my Moon Cittern is ready)!

I personally love the look of the Vanden 1980s F5 you have in the vintage used section. Well out of my price range at the moment but once I have the Moon and worked a bit longer I think it is that sort of thing I would be looking at.

I hope to be able to try it out and dream anyways!

Matt
    Matt Shimwell
    http://www.studio-london.co.uk

:: Freshman Apollo 2 Guitar
    :: Washburn F8 Guitar
    :: Kentucky KM-380s Mandolin
    :: Moon Mandocello/Bouzouki Cittern

I've just bought an Eastman mando from The Music Room in Cleckheaton, Yorkshire. Hugh was great with me despite enduring countless questions and several hours of my amatuerish thrashing.

I tried a 515 and a 615 (F styles) but ended buying an 805 (A style with F holes) in the "classic" (i.e. brown) finish. What I noticed was the higher the series (5,6,8) the "fuller" the instruments sounded. The 805 had more of a dry, woody "thunk" sound than the 515 or 615.

I hasten to add that the 805 wasn't necessarily better, it just sounded the nicest to me. I'm also not going to generalise from the three instruments that I spent time with. I'm sure that there are 815s that are brighter than 515s for example.

I'd have loved an F-style but I reckon that I like the sound of my 805 enough not to miss the scroll too much.

Anyway, the result of getting the Eastman is that I've got a Fylde Touchstone that I really need to sell, so I suppose I need to get it on ebay (unless there's a better way anyone knows to sell an mandolin in the UK?).

Brendan

Brendan,
    I can sell your Touchstone on commission (we also do part exchanges). If you are interested give me a call and we can discuss details.

Trevor
    Formerly of The Acoustic Music Co (TAMCO) Brighton England now retired.

Quote Originally Posted by (trevor @ July 02 2006, 12:02)
    Brendan,
    I can sell your Touchstone on commission (we also do part exchanges). If you are interested give me a call and we can discuss details.
    Thanks Trevor.
    The trouble is that Brighton is a bit far for me (I'm in the North West) which is why I got the Eastman from Yorkshire.
    Having said that, the idea of a part-ex with the Fylde plus cash is tempting. I'd really like an octave mandolin (like the look of the s/h Oakwood) or I might even consider saving up for a bit longer for something like a Lebeda A5!
    Anyway, I'll pm you some pictures of the Fylde and see if you're still interested and we could take things from there.

Yeah, Brighton's a trek - even from where I live in north Herts. But, hell, it's worth the trip. I'm sure the other dealers are all great and I wish them well, but missing out on a chance to see the huge range of mandos at TAMCO would be madness!

Apart from our local second hand book store, TAMCO is probably my favourite shop ever!

Trevor, I'm still saving up for a 505 to go with the 504 John sold me #... so I'll be back.

Meh, a 2 hour train ride is nothing. #

Yeah,

Tamco does look great. I decided on an eastman f515 after reading about hem on here. In my opinion nothing comes close for the money. Andy at Bole music in Birmingham is very helpful, and after playing one of the 615's there I'll be back soon to part ex mine in for that.
    www.bolemusic.co.uk