Thread: mandolin instruction book

I bought a couple of videos at an auction. They are the "You Can Play Bluegrass Mandolin" volume 1 and 2. The only thing is that there were no booklets in them when I picked them up. Does anyone have a copy they would like to get rid of?

I contacted Homespun, but they weren't willing to help me since I didn't buy the videos from them directly. I have bought several dvd's from them, including several Sam Bush and several Bill Monroe, but that wasn't good enough. Since I didn't buy these two videos from them, they wouldn't help me. Apparently, even if you buy from one of the other dealers, they will not help you. Unless you are in their directory for having purchased directly on a particular dvd, you are out of luck. I can't believe they wouldn't even sell me one.

Anyway, if you have a copy, please contact me if you want to pass it on.

Thanks
    Denny Wilson
    Odessa, Texas

Can't help you out with the books but I did have a different experience with Homespun about other dealer outlets. I bought a video from a dealer on ebay but the video tape inside wasn't what was on the outside box label. I contacted Homespun and they sent me out a replacement immediately. I was only out the postage to send the incorrect tape to them.

I don't know what you did to make it happen...I wish I knew because they sent me an email saying there was nothing they could do because I didn't buy it from them.

I have had other problems with their materials on occasion, for instance, I bought the Kaufman Bluegrass Workout and two of the 4 cd's were exactly the same. I didn't contact Homespun but the company that sold it to me. They asked me to return it and they will send out a new copy of the program.

I offered to pay for the books, but aparently they don't sell just the books.

Denny

"Developing Melodic Variations On Fiddle Tunes" by John McGann is by far the best I've seen. I'm relatively new to mando and it's helped my playing immensely. Thanks John!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by (Rob514 @ Feb. 09 2006, 23:27)
    "Developing Melodic Variations On Fiddle Tunes" by John McGann is by far the best I've seen. #I'm relatively new to mando and it's helped my playing immensely. #Thanks John!

Rob
    I agree. I'm working through McGann's book now. Great stuff and its helping my improvation (which needs a lot of help)

Not sure though how this is related to the topic at hand?

Rob:

Have you tried your local library? They may be able to get you a copy of the tapes with a book even if they don't have it on their shelves, through the interlibrary loan system. You can then copy the book right there.
    Glenn Nelson
    Las Vegas, NV

"Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and play your mandolin."