Thread: Elderly Instruments

Just had to give a public pat on the back to this company.They actually had what they advertised (imagine that!) and sent it out super fast.I ordered on 1-27 and received the CD's and strings on the 31st!

Elderly is great to deal with. If you ever get the chance to visit them, don't miss it - especially on a Saturday. So many musicians of all types and skill levels are there - jams break out spontaneously. A couple weeks ago Don Julin and his Neptune Quartet gave a free mini-concert right there among the mandos, guitars, and dobros. The place has a great atmoshpere.

(no financial interest - just lucky to live close enough for occasional visits and bought 2 mandos there.)

Takes them about 10 days to get stuff out here to Calif. FWIW: The package I git last week was 'light' ... missing an entire guitar case. ( How do you miss that? )

But, they didn't balk or stress when I called. They just shipped it out ... and it should get here tomorrow.

They are certainly my on-line dealer of choice.

- Benig

Mine as well...I've never had anything less than A+ service. I think they value their customers.

Yup. #They've done very well for me. #I've actually made money on used guitars I've bought from them, eventually!
    Stephen Perry

Both Elderly and First Quality have been awsome for me to deal with. I have actually gotten strings from First Quality the day after I ordered them. Both organizations are solid from the top down.
    Tony
    Tony Huber
    1930 Martin Style C #14783
    2011 Mowry GOM
    2013 Hester F4 #31
    2014 Ellis F5 #322
    2017 Nyberg Mandola #172

Yeah, I have always had great service fro Elderly. #I have purchased a mandolin and a guitar from them and both are great. #I have since sold the mandolin, but I still have the guitar and it is great.

Will Hardy

Ithaca Strings Instruments
    Mowry Custom Four String Electric OM (2 years or so)

Amen to that. Elderly has some of the best customer service and the most knowlegable sales people in the busines. I've been a customer of theirs for years. The only thing better than ordering something out of their catalog is actually going to the store - a virtual Disneyland of musical instruments. The old brick building has a great "vibe" and any trip to central Michigan warrents a side trip to Elderly.

Ditto that. Received an order this morning that was shy a string winder and a package of Wegen T140's. Called and spoke to Christine and they're on the way no questions asked. Gotta love those folks.

I've ordered from Elderly for about 25 years (egad!), and visited the store several times. They're sometimes slow to ship during the Christmas rush season, but their service has been great, overall. The first time I heard my Flatiron was when somebody in the showroom pulled it off the wall and played over the phone to me!

D.H.

I've ordered twice from Elderly. Both times the telephone service was excellent and the goods arrived as advertised and sooner than expected. Can't ask for much more!
    Bob Higgins
    Rigel Q-95
    Mid-Mo M4, M11
    Weber Hyalite Oval

I've had very good luck with Elderly. But they ship with UPS which takes forever to get packages from Michigan to Phoenix. UPS uses the railroad heavily in the Southwest and Phoenix is a railroad backwater. Elderly has always been very prompt, but I have to be very patient with the shipping.

I'm scared to think how much I spend on CD's there.
    You can't see your future in a rear view mirror.