Thread: Sobell 10-string cittern for sale

Hi folks

I'm new to the Cafe, introduced by a fellow poster over at footstompin.com.

I primarily play Fylde instruments - I have a long scale archtop 8-string (GDAD) and a new custom built long scale 10 string (DADAD) which Roger Bucknall built for me in June. I play in a few groups, mainly one called Malinky and also with a lovely singer called Emily Smith. All easily googled if you want to know more!

Which leads me to the main reason for posting and the recommendation from a fellow footstomper.

I'm selling a second hand Sobell cittern in great condition. It's sitting in my house and I'm not taking it on the road as it's too short for my liking (even though scale length is around 615mm).

I haven't got pics available right now owing to a digital camera problem, but as soon as I do I'll put it in the classifieds.

If anyone is interested meantime, contact me on < steve at malinky dot com > for a full description and to make an offer! I'm based in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK buyer preferred from a practical point of view, but all locations considered for the right money.

I don't want to contravene any posting rules by posting a full description here, but you can find it over at the other forum I mentioned if you're interested.

I'd rather sell to someone who knows what they're on about rather than to any old bidder on that site we don't mention, right?

ok, thanks for your time folks

Mandolin tragic Graham McDonald's Avatar

As Steve is obviously too modest to say so, Malinky have a very tasty new CD out on Greentrax with some great zouk playing and Emily Smith is just one of the most delightful singers around

cheers

graham

Thanks a lot Graham! Very kind.

Just to say that the Sobell is now in the classifieds.