Thread: lost as a ball in high weeds

Default lost as a ball in high weeds

anyone know the lyrics to this song? I would love to have a copy.

sorry for the type O

Thank you very much. God bless.

It was recorded by Larry Cordle & Lonesome Standard Time on "Songs From The Workbench"

(Larry Cordle/Larry Shell)

I fell in with the wrong crowd/I even said out loud/I´ll do just as I please/Wild parties and drinkin´/The wrong way of thinkin´/Had me lost as a ball in high weeds/Till an old country preacher/With hard mountain features/Changed my mind when he said to me/Shed that old coat of sin/Let the Saviour come in/You´re lost as a ball in high weeds/He preached fire and brimstone/With a passion unmatched/In any man I´ve ever known/He spoke of God´s plan of salvation/And a beautiful heavenly home/Said if you die tonight/Do you know where you´re goin´?/Do you know where that other road leads?/Son if you ain´t got Jesus, fall down on your knees/You´re lost...You´re lost...You´re lost/You´re lost as a ball in high weeds/He said I can´t save you/But I know who can/It´s easy if you´ll just believe/He´s reachin´ down to you/Just take His hand/You´re lost...You´re lost...You´re lost/Y´ou´re lost as a ball in high weeds/

Hope this is what you´re looking for.

---
    Søren

I believe Jimmy Martin had the "original" on that one(!?) - Don't settle for the "cover".... "Oft' imitated.., never equaled."(IMHO, of course) - Moose.

4. The following members say thank you to Moose for this post:

Thanks guys
    Thank you very much. God bless.

Default Re: lost as a ball in high weeda

Quote Originally Posted by sjus View Post
    It was recorded by Larry Cordle & Lonesome Standard Time on "Songs From The Workbench"

(Larry Cordle/Larry Shell)

I fell in with the wrong crowd/I even said out loud/I´ll do just as I please/Wild parties and drinkin´/The wrong way of thinkin´/Had me lost as a ball in high weeds/Till an old country preacher/With hard mountain features/Changed my mind when he said to me/Shed that old coat of sin/Let the Saviour come in/You´re lost as a ball in high weeds/He preached fire and brimstone/With a passion unmatched/In any man I´ve ever known/He spoke of God´s plan of salvation/And a beautiful heavenly home/Said if you die tonight/Do you know where you´re goin´?/Do you know where that other road leads?/Son if you ain´t got Jesus, fall down on your knees/You´re lost...You´re lost...You´re lost/You´re lost as a ball in high weeds/He said I can´t save you/But I know who can/It´s easy if you´ll just believe/He´s reachin´ down to you/Just take His hand/You´re lost...You´re lost...You´re lost/Y´ou´re lost as a ball in high weeds/

Hope this is what you´re looking for.

---
    Søren
    Found this song a few days ago. Would love the guitar chords if anyone knows them. I cant find the chords anywhere. It is hard to tell from the video but I know it is cap on 3rd fret and starts with G.