...Why guitar players take up mandolin.
10. You could be one of twenty guitar players at your local jam…
...or you could be the mandolin player.
8. You wanted to be able to finally hear yourself at jams…
...and fiddles don’t have frets.
6. You don’t know from bluegrass, but you know Maggie Mae (and maybe Loggins and Messina’s “Be Free”)
5. You wanted a reason to use those cool Golden Gate and Dawg picks.
4. You finally figured out that chicks don’t dig guitar players after all…
...and, well, if that’s the case, you no longer worry about how tiny your instrument is.
3. Skaggs and Rice
2. You love the looks of flamed maple, but it never seemed to sound as good in a guitar.
…and the number one reason guitar players take up mandolin...
1. You can’t steer your car with your knees and play the guitar while driving.