Thread: More free sheet music

Hello,

There are few mandolin pieces uploaded recently on Michael Reichenbach`s website. He is going to upload more in the future, but for the moment there are a "Serenade de Mandolins" by L.C. Desormes and few pieces included in V. Monti`s "Petite Methode pour Mandoline" available.

Cannot post direct link, probably because the website is made in frames. So, go here and then click on "Kostenlose Noten".

Good luck!

You can reach the frame here.

I have been in touch with Michael. He has a nice collection of old method books.

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Yes, I, too, have corresponded with Michael on the BDZ; great guy, great lover of the mandolin and its repertoire. Jim was the nexus (as it were) at the time, as I directed Michael to the site where the ever generous Mr. Garber has posted my mando-tidbits.

I wonder whether we can lure the good Mr. Reichenbach to the Café... His own site is a fine source.
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

Quote Originally Posted by (vkioulaphides @ Oct. 13 2005, 11:00)
    I wonder whether we can lure the good Mr. Reichenbach to the Café... # His own site is a fine source.
    I think we can. It seems that the German forums are a little bit sleepy. I don`t have an explanation for that, as far as there are so many mandolin players there. Daniel Ahlert is doing great effort with his forum, but the audience there also seems to be rather international, than local.

It may be that *ekhm, ekhm* a few, verbose Greeks and Bulgarians can make a lot more cyber-noise than ALL those quiet Germans.

Cheers to you, my friend! How is your young family? Make sure you keep that nasty bird-flu from crossing the Hellespont and onto your own, southeastern tip of Europe!

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by (plami @ Oct. 13 2005, 11:38)
    Daniel Ahlert is doing great effort with his forum, but the audience there also seems to be rather international, than local.
    I think his audience there is pretty much...well...him and me.

Quote Originally Posted by (Eugene @ Oct. 13 2005, 11:49)
    Quote Originally Posted by (plami @ Oct. 13 2005, 11:38)
    Daniel Ahlert is doing great effort with his forum, but the audience there also seems to be rather international, than local.
    I think his audience there is pretty much...well...him and me.
    As he's clearly modelled his site on the Cafe, I think Daniel might be better off just joining us here on the original. I think we might look more US-centric from the outside than we actually are.

Martin

Something Daniel's and Birgit's forum offers that is absent elsewhere is 1) a strict classical focus and 2) the intersection of classical mandolin and guitar. I understand that it could have an appropriate, unique audience, I just wish it were more than just me.

thanks for that site!

there is a link to the website of the Royal Estudiantina 'La Napolitaine' with mp3's...they sound good!

http://www.mandolin.be/mp3/

That's Ralf Leenen's site and group. Ralf's and Barry Pratt's book on Embergher mandolins is a very fine work indeed.

Yes! That group has also been referenced on this board by Ralf (username: embergher) who is the group's dynamo, as it were. Fine players... There is (still?) a thread Ralf started, regarding their participation in the Logrońo Festival earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by (vkioulaphides @ Oct. 13 2005, 11:44)
    It may be that *ekhm, ekhm* a few, verbose Greeks and Bulgarians # can make a lot more cyber-noise than ALL those quiet Germans. #

Cheers to you, my friend! How is your young family? Make sure you keep that nasty bird-flu from crossing the Hellespont and onto your own, southeastern tip of Europe!
    #Kalispera Victor,

I really cannot explain this to myself. We both have posted on the BDZ-forum and know how huge the difference is. I also posted on Daniel`s forum and in the begining there were good chances - there were even Japanese people, that were inspired by the Message Board, but now it`s just Eugene and Daniel left. I would be really happier to see Germans discussing mandolin related issues. Here, there - doesn`t matter.

I don`t think the Classical section of the Board looks US-centric from the outside. I don`t feel it like that. Most of the other sections - yes, but not this one. I`m glad to be here.

Our young family is getting older Victor, thank you! My son will turn one year on 17.10. He is happy and healthy, so we are. Look in my profile there is a picture of Ivan.
    I hope the bird-flu won`t cross our borders. My compatriots suffered enough this year, because of the terrible floods.

Good luck!
    Plamen

Does anybody have the piano part or some other kind of an accompaniment of the "Serenade"? We played through it yesterday evening and we like it very much. My guitar colleague can figure out an accompaniment, but it won`t be as good, as the composer`s original idea, of course. I asked Michael, but he doesn`t have it.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by (plami @ Oct. 13 2005, 17:08)
    My son will turn one year on 17.10. He is happy and healthy, so we are. Look in my profile there is a picture of Ivan.
    Ha! #For some reason, that date didn't register with me at the time. #That is the same date as my daughters birthday. #Don't tell her, but I'm buying Nickel Creek tickets for her birthday (they're playing here on 20 October); she loves that stuff.

Michael Reichenbach

Hi to all! Thanks for your interest in the Serenade from my homepage. Unfortunately it seems that mostly the mandolin parts have found a way to our time. I have several books from around 1900 and printed in Paris with mandolin parts, but the piano or guitar parts are mostly missing. The only source I know for complete sets of this kind of music was the Nakano archive in Japan, which is no more available online. Maybe the Serenade by Desorms can be found in Nakanos huge archive of mandolin music.

I will try to scan more interesting pieces in the future of this music, and post it on my homepage (and maybe post a message here).
    greetings from Germany - Michael
    Homepage: www.mandoisland.de / Blog: www.mandoisland.com / Freiburg / Germany

Welcome to our friendly message-board, Michael! I am happy to see you here. Please feel free to post anything of mando-interest at the Café. We, in return, will try to "revive" the BDZ board; my defective German has never been a hindrance...

Cheers,

Victor

I downloaded all I could from the Nakano archive, so I will take a look over the weekend. I don't recall that name among the composers but there is quite a long list.

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1