Thread: Jeff Midkiff Live on WTTW June 16th at 8 pm

Blog Entries

I received the following email from Jeff Midkiff this evening and wanted to pass it along, especially to Chicagolanders... I added the bold emphasis (no financial interest, etc.)
    -Phil

Quote Originally Posted by
    I wanted to let you know about my upcoming live performance on WTTW Channel 11! This Thursday night, June 16th, at 8:00PM, I will be performing on WTTW's Center Stage show called Arts Across Illinois. Joining me are mandolin prodigy Ashley Lewis and Chicago legendary musicians Don Stiernberg on guitar and Jim Cox on bass.

For more information, see the attached one-sheet or go to these web-sites: www.jeffmidkiff.com & www.wttw.com/centerstage.

Also, I know that it's last minute, but for those who would like to attend this LIVE performance, call the WTTW ticket hotline (773-509-5614) asap for free tickets!

Thanks!

Jeff Midkiff

Blog Entries

Booting this up to the top this once since my first post happened before "the great virtual beer spill of 2005". Hope folks get a chance to see the show in person or at least catch it on TV.

-Phil

I always liked Jeffs playing..to me he was a head of his time...he was the first mando player with The Lonesome River Band ya know. To satisfy my curiousty..what kind of mando does he play? ....its the one that he played yrs ago with LRB....has a funky looking peghead on it. Some of his best work was with The McPeak Bros. too.

Jeff's mando was made by Arthur Conner. Ricky Skaggs used to play a 5 string fiddle of his. Arthur has only made a few mandolins. He mainly makes fiddles. He made the
    mandolin in 1974 and Jeff bought it when it was six months old. He was the first owner. He (Jeff) bought it when he was 11 and have been playing it ever since.
    This information came out of an email we recieved from Jeff when we asked him about his mando.
    We think his "Partners in Time" is one of our 'desert island' picks.
    Karen & Richard

I was at the show. Jeff & Ashley & Don came out second to last. They did Jeff's song Etheira, then did a song by Ashley Lewis called Stirret's (sp) Last Run. They were great. Watching both of them picking together is always a treat. They replayed the show today at 3:00 pm & will repeat it Monday morning at 3:00 am. I'm hoping the talent & skill rolls downhill as Jeff is Ashley's teacher & Ashley is my teacher.