Thread: Please help me to Identify style, century or whatever is of this

Question Please help me to Identify style, century or whatever is of this

Heelloo. I am glad to find this forum. I needed ask a question from you medieval guys. This videos I have insert below is soundtracks of a old video game that I was play around 10 years ago. I like early century musics always. Specially Lute sound. But this video games soundtrack that I still can't forget after from that long years and I can't find composes that much more like this. I mean in this soundtrack playlist there's both allegros and adagios. But impressions that you get from music. Makes you feel like sitting in a beautiful England garden and listening to sound of choir that come out from nearby cathedral. Atleast that's what I feel. Please tell me about what this music according to.. Which style, years, century or compose or something like that. Well that video game's own story according to Mark Twain's "Princess and the Pauper" old story book that which settle in 1540 year. But video game story is lossy. And I can't believe this music is style of that years. Please make me know.

Default Re: Please help me to Identify style, century or whatever is of t

I have no idea who wrote these pieces or if they are new or old but the style is reminiscent of Baroque music at least to my ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIw...s7WWk8o0-hw_VR
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

3. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

If you go to www.youtube.com and search using the keyword baroque you will find a few thousand videos. One of my favorite single instrument compositions is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSzV90Lqv_A
    --M. Stillion

--J. Garber

5. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

--M. Stillion

--J. Garber

7. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

EDIT: oops, nevermind...I should have refreshed the page to read the new posts before posting, my bad.
    Last edited by Jess L.; Mar-27-2017 at 10:50pm. Reason: Not paying attention. Lol.

9. The following members say thank you to Jess L. for this post:

Confused... or?
    Over the Hudson & thru the woods from NYC

For what little it might be worth:

The first two seem to be based on a (more or less) full orchestra as there are there are both strings and woodwinds, even though they're used sparingly and maybe only eight or ten instruments are playing at any given moment. The third is even more sparse and sounds like a string quartet, normally composed of two violins, a viola, and a cello.
    - Ed

"Then one day we weren't as young as before
    Our mistakes weren't quite so easy to undo
    But by all those roads, my friend, we've travelled down
    I'm a better man for just the knowin' of you."
    - Ian Tyson

11. The following members say thank you to EdHanrahan for this post:

Blog Entries

I'd say the first two show influences from the classical period, but very much derivitive of the style in a way modern cinema music is often done.
    You will hear much of this in modern 'stock' music used for TV advertising. They tend to be given names that indicate their most clicéd association from previous uses and are used as short-cuts to generate associations based on that. So your use of the term 'English garden' could well be close to the stock title. The third is based on small ensemble pieces by composers such as Haydn.

From where you're heading with those I would suggest you have a rummage on YouTube for "Haydn quartet", "Haydn Trio" including his Baryton trio pieces.
    As an alternative Boccherini is worth a rummage ie: https://youtu.be/JdIwbXyfMLQ
    One interesting composer of ensemble pieces for you to try could be Mendelssohn and especially his octet https://youtu.be/pY_gbooPwoc
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beanzy For This Useful Post:

Smile Re: Please help me to Identify style, century or whatever is of t

Thank you very much.. I see I have step on right site. You guys are very nice. Mike, I heard baroque style before but didn't knew about. I read today again about and listened to a samples showing the difference between them. It's seriously hard to tell this short composes is baroque or not. We need an master for explain it I guess . Buut as you guys talk about sparse instrumented musics like trio, string quarteds, my awareness has increased. Yes less instruments makes music sounds like more calm, easy to listen. I was search much in the past and I found few pieces from few composers that I had similar feelings while listening. One of them was this album from Boccherini https://youtu.be/s9PshVPdG88 and Water Music of Handel too. But Water Music is much more orchestral, ceremonial. As you said Beanzy, another difference between that musics and this soundtracks is that soundtrack is more cinematic really. So I figure out, I should search for trios, string quartets of my favorite composers which I found their pieces beautiful.

Noo Patrick. I guess your joking just. That's page of another video game and it's all electronic fully different things. Classical musics of this series I know always composed by Arnie Roth. But decide to download game itself and look at credits for get to know who's composer of game. And Beanzy, I remember now as you said I was search for that termins months ago. And I found this simulative ambiance for self relaxion https://youtu.be/tYqInmrfDBI . It can be really perfect If your can Identify this background choral piece too.