Thread: Eastman 6xx pickups?

Default Eastman 6xx pickups?

Just got a 614 from the classifieds and it's beautiful and sounds great, but as far as I can tell doesn't have a pickup which strikes me as weird. It was made in 8/16 according to the certificate of authenticity it came with, so as far as I can tell it should. Was there a short time where they made them without electronics? Are they just hiding from me?

As far as I can tell there are ads out there still for them that don't have the pickup installed and the peg on mine looks more like those than the ones I've seen that do have a pickup, but I may also just be missing something. It seems awfully strange to me that they'd be producing the same "model" by number with such a significant difference.

Default Re: Eastman 6xx pickups?

Pickups became standard in 2012, BUT......

Pickups are installed after the mandolin is made. I have received later models without pickups, so there would be some out there that didn't get pickups installed for whatever reason.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger

Default Re: Eastman 6xx pickups?

The endpin jack (where the strap attaches at the body)would have to be drilled out.if its metal with a hole in it then it has a pup installed..if its just a plastic peg then no....not trying to sound condecending but i do not know your level of
    Experience so if this is a " yea of course i knew that" kinda moment tjen my apologies..