Thread: Went to a funeral in Brooklyn the other day

Default Went to a funeral in Brooklyn the other day

A friend of mine passed away suddenly, and his family is orthodox Jewish and my friend grew up in Brooklyn. The neighborhood looked really familiar to me as my wife and i drove there, like I had been there in the last ten years, and I couldn't place it. I was very early for the funeral service so I drove around the neihborhood for a while (my Dad grew up nearby and he asks me what's still around). It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out when I thought of Andy Statman. Suddenly I remembered I took a lesson or two from Andy and visited his house in the neighborhood about seven years ago. It was a really great experience and I recommend it to others. He's very patient and knowledgeable and he plays like only he can, but I didnt' continue with lessons because I had my own sudden health issue, which I'm happy to say I survived well. I've always meant to stop by and see his trio at the Charles Street Synogogue in Manhattan, but I'm not working in Manhattan anymore, so it's a long trip on a Thursday evening. Perhaps this is my friend's parting reminder to get myself over there. I'll have to check the schedule on his Webiste.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elliot Luber For This Useful Post: