Thread: first time in India Mando-Fest and Workshop 2017

Default first time in India Mando-Fest and Workshop 2017

hi,
    I am planning to arrange a Mando-Fest & Workshop-2017 in Pune (India) in the month of June. Though it is not yet finalized, but planning to do this and it will be the first time in Indian Music history, because till today not a single Mandolin Festival has been arranged in India. I need your good wishes and share some tips and guidance regarding this if anybody has an experience about this. I had discussed the matter with a Mandolin Lovers club in India, they are ready to support me. The aim of this festival will be to more publicity and awareness about the Mandolin in India. need your best wishes.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pradiptosengupta For This Useful Post:

I may be old but I'm ugly billhay4's Avatar

Default Re: first time in India Mando-Fest and Workshop 2017

need your best wishes
    You have them. As for advice, I have none. It'll be a lot of work and I hope will produce good results for you.
    Bill
    IM(NS)HO

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

Best Regards on your endeavor!

Here's to raising mando awareness in India!
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel

Sounds great. I've really enjoyed the mandolin music coming out of India these days. I wish you all the best with this project.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Blog Entries

Good luck and best wishes. There's a wide variety of mandolin music over there. It should be a fun diverse experience!

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

I'd suggest trying to get Prakash Hariharan involved. More eclectic than most Indian mandolinists (plays Carnatic, fusion, and film music) and has a better grasp of marketing and promotion. http://www.mandolinprakash.com/
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

How wide of a draw area do you expect within India? Kolkata is a long way from Pune but you have some really good things happening in Kolkata mandolin-wise. I've heard Kolkata-based Snehasish Mozumder in performance here in the US and he's not to be missed. Diptanshu with No Strings Attached is putting out some great You Tube videos. Great things going on in Kolkata! It would be nice to tap into that for your gathering.
    Last edited by Bob Clark; Mar-14-2017 at 9:56pm. Reason: Correcting spelling (I think).
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Blog Entries

Always interested to see geographical trends. Google Analytics makes it really easy to make traffic comparisons over years, even decades if you've been running it as long as we have. Steady increase in traffic every year from India. We too have noticed an increase in talented videos from the country. Here's a chart that shows density of "sessions" for the past seven days. The amount of time being spent tells us these are people with an interest, not a drive-by bot of some kind. While not particularly robust in comparison to other geographical areas of the world, the traffic increase is noticeable each year, and we're no longer surprised when we see a new registration request on the forum or the occasional reply to an ad from the country.

Name:  india.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  23.7 KB

The top 10 regions by traffic, in order, are:

Maharashtra
    Karnataka
    Tamil Nadu
    West Bengal
    Telangana
    Delhi
    Uttar Pradesh
    Assam
    Gujarat
    Kerala

Sounds like a super idea guys... will love to help you pradipto in any way I can. Do let me know dates etc as soon as you get to know as I might be in the US for a couple of days in June. I think we are connected on Facebook.

Hi, thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by diptanshu View Post
    sounds like a super idea guys... Will love to help you pradipto in any way i can. Do let me know dates etc as soon as you get to know as i might be in the us for a couple of days in june. I think we are connected on facebook.
    hi, diptansu, thanks for your response, i am planning to arrange this festival in pune as lots of mandolin learners from pune, kolhapur, sangli requested me for this. I am expecting more than 200 candidates will attend this festival. Will get in touch with you. Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    sounds great. I've really enjoyed the mandolin music coming out of india these days. I wish you all the best with this project.
    thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by jestanek View Post
    good luck and best wishes. There's a wide variety of mandolin music over there. It should be a fun diverse experience!

Jamie
    thanks a lot......

Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    i'd suggest trying to get prakash hariharan involved. More eclectic than most indian mandolinists (plays carnatic, fusion, and film music) and has a better grasp of marketing and promotion. http://www.mandolinprakash.com/
    yes, i know prakash very well....thanks for the advice.....

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    how wide of a draw area do you expect within india? Kolkata is a long way from pune but you have some really good things happening in kolkata mandolin-wise. I've heard kolkata-based snehasish mozumder in performance here in the us and he's not to be missed. Diptanshu with no strings attached is putting out some great you tube videos. Great things going on in kolkata! It would be nice to tap into that for your gathering.
    thanks, i am also from kolkata, and now settled in mumbai, i left kolkata almost 30 years back, but i know almost all of them, when i was in kolkta, at that time hardly 5 or 6 mandolin players were there, now there are lots. In maharashtra also lots of mandolin lovers/learners are there, they have approached me for this festival/workshop......