Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introvert and extrovert

Default Re: Introvert and extrovert

Another way to tell introverts from extroverts: Introverts generally speak when they have something to say, while extroverts speak because they have to say something.
    Eastman MD-515

Blog Entries

Hi! I am an extrovert, but a perfectionist (or at least a high performing adult in some areas, with similar expectations everywhere), so public performance is terrifying because I never play a tune perfectly. Its taking *years* to get over the fact that nobody cares about perfection.

Ugh.
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence

Default Re: Introvert and extrovertH

I'm really not sure whether I'm an introvert or extravert. Like a lot of people I probably have traits of both.

I had an ex GF who was quite obsessed with personality typing, so I'm not super keen on putting myself in to boxes of any kind, but I guess it's human nature to do that at least a little!

I would say I enjoy sessions more than an an all go round the room and everyone do a thing type of event, but I also like the challinge of doing the sing/play around things.
    If something scares me I usually have to try it at least once :D

I find that playing for myself and not playing for people has really helped me to enjoy music again. I do have to think a bit about tunes that a lot of people will know and can join in with when running my pub session. I don't like anyone to be left out for too long, but they can choose not to play if they don't feel like it!

Cheers,
    Jen!

Quote Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
    There seem to be a lot of introverts posting on this topic. It is likely that this says more about people who post on Internet forums than about musicians.
    Speaking as an introvert, the internet is a wonderful outlet for communicating. I can take my time with what I want to say, I can choose which conversations I want to be a part of (or not), and more importantly, I don't have to actually look anyone in the eyes to say something to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobin View Post
    Speaking as an introvert, the internet is a wonderful outlet for communicating. I can take my time with what I want to say, I can choose which conversations I want to be a part of (or not), and more importantly, I don't have to actually look anyone in the eyes to say something to them!

My wife would never (doesn't) tolerate my incessant rambling on about..she checks out. Although, my kids are developing some conversational skills! . Where else are you going to banter, in the middle of the day and impersonally, thinking about music and leering at instruments whenever the mood strikes .. what gratification! personally the net-entity was a pretty good office 'buddy' . But what's better it's a good indoor cardio-training buddy (huff-puff!)

*AND, it's (MC) a great general resource (thank you Scott and staff) - we acquired the guzheng my son is pictured playing in avatar from trading last year with a kindly gentleman across the border (hey Barry!) after striking up discourse here.
    Last edited by catmandu2; Mar-09-2017 at 2:49pm.