Thread: Article: New Music from The Gibson Brothers - In The Ground

Blog Entries

Default Article: New Music from The Gibson Brothers - In The Ground

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: New Music from The Gibson Brothers - In The Ground

Mandolin Cafe doesn't typically feature new bluegrass band releases but we have a real soft spot in our heart for the playing of Jesse Brock which never receives enough attention (our opinion). Brilliant musician. No instrumental cuts but listen to the entire album of fresh new grass here and it's an education in musicianship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    Mandolin Cafe doesn't typically feature new bluegrass band releases but we have a real soft spot in our heart for the playing of Jesse Brock which never receives enough attention (our opinion). Brilliant musician. No instrumental cuts but listen to the entire album of fresh new grass here and it's an education in musicianship.
    I couldn't agree more! Jesse is indeed a brilliant musician, and really happy to see them with my old bandmates.

Totally agree , Jesse Brock is so so good

Definitely wish Jesse got some more recognition. I understand the Gibson's have the whole brother tradition thing going, but the rest of the band is pretty killer too.
    I saw them in Myrtle Beach SC last year and both their sets were great, but it was Jesse that stole the show for me.

He was nice enough to also autograph my Mandolin Cafe hat to go along with Bibey, Steffey, Bush, McCoury and Roberts.

6. The following members say thank you to Drew Egerton for this post:

Great musician and great person! Jesse is always gracious and appreciative.

8. The following members say thank you to Marcus CA for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    Update from the field: The Gibson Brothers played Oneonta NY last night. Due to a recent blizzard, the house was barely half full, but the Gibsons were throughly professional, affecting, and entertaining, as always. Still, Jesse Brock stole the show. His playing is astounding - the clarity, precision, speed, and tastefulness of his playing were stunning, song after song. I'm not sure he ever plays open strings. Despite the smallish audience, he was at the top of his game, and as far as I could tell, thoroughly enjoying himself. On a related note, rest in peace Junior Barber, original member of the band, father of bassist Mike Barber, and a terrific Dobro player.