Thread: Ellsworth Maine

Default Ellsworth Maine

Hello All,
    The family and I will be in Ellsworth for about a week in July. Going to be checking out the lighthouses, whale watching and all that touristy stuff. I was wondering if there was a restaurant or watering hole where we could see some local pickers? Of course any suggestions for things to see while we were up there would be welcome as well.
    Thank you,
    belorsch

Default Re: Ellsworth Maine

Quote Originally Posted by belorsch View Post
    Hello All,
    The family and I will be in Ellsworth for about a week in July. Going to be checking out the lighthouses, whale watching and all that touristy stuff. I was wondering if there was a restaurant or watering hole where we could see some local pickers? Of course any suggestions for things to see while we were up there would be welcome as well.
    Thank you,
    belorsch
    It's not quite next door to where you'll be, but there's a lovely pub called the Drouthy Bear in Camden, which has a session Wednesday evenings.

3. The following members say thank you to ptritz for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by ptritz View Post
    It's not quite next door to where you'll be, but there's a lovely pub called the Drouthy Bear in Camden, which has a session Wednesday evenings.
    Thanks ptritz, I'm going to take a look at their website. I relayed the info to the wife and she is expressing reservations about their menu. I may have to get her fed before we go As for me, I've been curious about Haggis since watching the movie "Highlander".

Check out the Acadia School of Traditional music on Mount Desert
    http://acadiatradschool.com/
    Jenny Warner

6. The following members say thank you to Jenny for this post:

You might check out Belfast, which is a funky little town with lots of music going on. I believe Baron Collins-Hill lives and plays in that area. There's also Maine Fiddle Camp in nearby Montville. Lots of music going on in and around Maine.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

8. The following members say thank you to Mandobar for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by belorsch View Post
    Thanks ptritz, I'm going to take a look at their website. I relayed the info to the wife and she is expressing reservations about their menu. I may have to get her fed before we go As for me, I've been curious about Haggis since watching the movie "Highlander".
    The food's just fine - basically it's good pub grub. I can personally recommend the shepherd's pie, the fish and chips, and the chicken and mushroom pie.

Pete

Thanks Jenny and Mando, I will check into those as well.

Lol, I was looking at your site Jenny while my wife was finding the town on the map. She was telling me how close your shop was to some of the light houses she wants to see. I in the mean time was looking at the website and mandolins and told her the price of some of them. I am now sure she will be steering me clear of your shop(not even sure you have a store front type setup).
    I don't think anything is wrong with mando dreaming but she wants to curb my enthusiasm.

Pete, the food sounds great. My wife says she wants to expand her horizons but she doesn't stray far from steak and potatoes(burger and fries).