Thread: Word of thanks- Andrew Buckner

Default Word of thanks- Andrew Buckner

Hey everyone! I just wanted to send a thank you to everyone who purchased my record, and more importantly to everyone who emailed, commented, or facebooked me about the project. I am so grateful to be part of this community, to get to play my lovely Northfield, and to have so many friends around the world who love this incredible instrument just as much as I do! Happy 2017! - Andrew
    Last edited by atbuckner21; Jan-16-2017 at 4:35pm. Reason: grammar
    TKD Falcon F5

2. The following members say thank you to atbuckner21 for this post:

Default Re: Word of thanks- Andrew Buckner

Also, a special thanks to Scott and the guys who run this awesome Cafe for sharing my music with the mandolin world. You guys are doing such a great thing by providing us with this community. Thanks!- Andrew
    TKD Falcon F5

4. The following members say thank you to atbuckner21 for this post:

just purchased, this is my kind of mandolin music, thanks Andrew-give us more like this!
    daryl

6. The following members say thank you to darylcrisp for this post:

Just listened to the opening track on the news page. Lovely tune and really nice, expressive playing. The mandolin sounds fantastic - depth, warmth, sustain, etc. What is it?

8. The following members say thank you to Johnny60 for this post:

Johnny,
    Sorry it took so long to respond! It is a Northfield Model M with an Engelmann Spruce top. Thanks for the kind words and for listening!
    TKD Falcon F5

Andrew,

Purchased the album a few weeks back. Wonderful stuff, just an absolute delight to listen to. As everyone has already noted great playing, and the Northfield sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for putting it out there!

11. The following members say thank you to josh a for this post:

Andrew,
    I just recently watched some of your clips on Instagram, and really dig your playing and the Northfield Model M. Quick question regarding the size of the Model M. From photos I've seen, it almost looks like the body is a little smaller than a typical A-style body. Is there any truth to this, or have my eyes been deceiving me?

Keep up the great work!

13. The following members say thank you to wxfloyd for this post:

Josh,
    Thanks so much man!!! I am so glad you liked it. Honestly, that mandolin just inspires me, and was so fun (easy) to record! I am glad you connected with the project - Andrew
    TKD Falcon F5

Quote Originally Posted by wxfloyd View Post
    Andrew,
    I just recently watched some of your clips on Instagram, and really dig your playing and the Northfield Model M. Quick question regarding the size of the Model M. From photos I've seen, it almost looks like the body is a little smaller than a typical A-style body. Is there any truth to this, or have my eyes been deceiving me?

Keep up the great work!
    wxfloyd,
    You know honestly I don't notice any difference in body size. The Model M is not the loudest mandolin I have owned, but the tone is by far my favorite. That's not to say the volume is poor, because it has an awesome amount of volume. If it is smaller in body size, it's not in sound I am sure you can email Adrian or Peter Bagale at Northfield (awesome guys) and they give you dimensions. Thanks for taking the time to listen -Andrew
    TKD Falcon F5