Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leoswood Armrest

Default Leoswood Armrest

Deleted
    Last edited by Chanmandolin; Jan-12-2017 at 11:57am. Reason: I originally wanted to post a bad review...but it's not in my heart. Let's just say I hope my armrest comes soon!
    Https://www.reverbnation.com/chandlerbeavers/songs

"Never a teacher, always a student"

Default Re: Leoswood Armrest

I just look at his website and all I can say is what a bad time for this fellow. I understand how his is feeling, when my dad died over 30 years ago (on Dec. 23rd 1980) I could not enjoy Christmas for many, many years. Time does heal all wounds and I hope he heals soon. It appears he is trying to catch up on his orders and I am sure you will get your armrest soon.

Which is why I decided to let it be. Don't want to put the guy down. Just wish he communicated a little better, that is all.

I went through a similar series of emails and phone call messages, with no replies until finally got a response. Feel for him, and can understand his loss. He is in a difficult position, as he still has an active website, and active adverts on ebay, drawing interest and potential orders which he is having difficulty attending to ref his problems... wish him the best.
    John D

5. The following members say thank you to JFDilmando for this post:

I also ordered one from him a couple of weeks before Christmas. His work looks great and I'm sure it will be beautiful. He finally wrote back and explained the situation, I also wish him the best...
    ===================================
    ... I'm a California Man!

7. The following members say thank you to Perry Babasin for this post:

I just wish he would answer his emails in a timely matter. I've waited/still waiting quite awile for a reply and he looks quite active on ebay.

9. The following members say thank you to Chanmandolin for this post:

B381 

I've seen issues like this happen a few times with one man operations. Serious life issues make things like answering e mails seem unimportant in the scheme of things.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Br1ck For This Useful Post:

I bought an armrest from Leoswood and found it to be well made and at a good price. I found that I prefer the shape of the McClung by Doug Edwards better. Sorry to hear of Leo's difficulties. Best to him and his family.

13. The following members say thank you to colorado_al for this post:

Perry, have you received your armrest or heard of a ETA on it shipping?

Just wanted to give a quick update. Ordered on December 7th. Still hasn't arrived. 4 emails sent. Zero replys. I realize the guy is going through hard times. But if he isn't willing to communicate properly, I feel like he should stop selling items for awhile and get things back in order. Next stop, Refund city (hopefully).

Would highly recommend going to a different manufacturer.

Hey Chan! I haven't heard back from him yet, but after reading the crazy story, right out of the world's current insanity, I've sort of written it off as a donation to world sanity. I would rather have the beautiful armrest than the money back. I hope that he regains his life balance but I can't even think about it, it breaks my heart. I'll probably get a McClung, I'm tired of the little ebony crescent - the ergonomic style looks very cool and seems like it would be way more comfortable. I'm a little confused that he continues to offer stuff on ebay...

Perry, I understand where your coming from. I would happily wait for it if he would answer my emails and say he is still behind but working on it. Also. I would be more patient if he wasn't active selling and shipping items on ebay. So that means he is obviously on a computer or a device with internet. And 30$ to me isn't something I prefer to waste. I do feel bad for him but at some point, something had to give.

I just wrote to him again, I'll let you know if he answers!

I recently ordered one of his armrests from the "Bay". Estimated delivery was between Feb 11th to the 15th. Looks like I might be waiting. That's fine. I do hope if it can't be made, that I am contacted or other options are offered. I wish he and his family well. In the whole scheme of things. a mandolin armrest is not that big of deal for me.
    A couple of mandolins
    A couple guitars
    An Upright Bass
    Some banjos
    Wax Paper over a comb
    A Loar era Didjeridoo

"I Never Wanted To Be A Barber. I Always Wanted To Be A Lumberjack !"

I have felt for him, as I went though all the emails and website contact and phone calls, only to finally have him respond after weeks of trying.... his story is a sorry one for sure... but it gets to be no excuse for continuing to have an "active" advertising business, which is obviously in such disarray, that it verges on reaching the level of a scam. If one is debilitated, I can understand and emphasize.... if one continues to advertise for business, promise a product, and be unable to deliver, or even respond to a customer, I am sorry, it goes beyond, what my compassion can come to grips with....
    Shut it down, withdraw, call it quits, get the help one might need, but don't continue to continue the facade of "business as usual".
    this is aforum, where we can get the word out regarding issues in the marketplace.... Leo is having a really tough time... leave him alone.... don't order anything until he can recover, and don't order and then badger him with emails, phone calls, and pestering questions regarding "where is my stuff"... by now your should know this is a grim time for him, and don't complicate his life by putting anymore pressure on him.... He is not in a place where he can even understand that he should not be soliciting business.... understand that....
    John D

21. The following members say thank you to JFDilmando for this post:

I bought an armrest from him back in July of 2014, and had a similar experience. I had trouble getting him to communicate with me until I opened a case with Ebay. I eventually received it, and had to shape it to get it to fit my mandolin properly. I like the McClung armrests much better.

Quote Originally Posted by JFDilmando View Post
    I have felt for him, as I went though all the emails and website contact and phone calls, only to finally have him respond after weeks of trying.... his story is a sorry one for sure... but it gets to be no excuse for continuing to have an "active" advertising business, which is obviously in such disarray, that it verges on reaching the level of a scam. If one is debilitated, I can understand and emphasize.... if one continues to advertise for business, promise a product, and be unable to deliver, or even respond to a customer, I am sorry, it goes beyond, what my compassion can come to grips with....
    Shut it down, withdraw, call it quits, get the help one might need, but don't continue to continue the facade of "business as usual".
    this is aforum, where we can get the word out regarding issues in the marketplace.... Leo is having a really tough time... leave him alone.... don't order anything until he can recover, and don't order and then badger him with emails, phone calls, and pestering questions regarding "where is my stuff"... by now your should know this is a grim time for him, and don't complicate his life by putting anymore pressure on him.... He is not in a place where he can even understand that he should not be soliciting business.... understand that....
    How are the people on Ebay supposed to know that he is having "tough" times and might have to wait months or actually never receive the product? Also, if he is still actively running his business I feel like he owes me an reply through email. I've sent him ebay messages and emails to no reply when he is leaving feedback as recently as February 8th on ebay. I feel for him , I really do. But it really upsets me to be completely ignored as a customer. Bad business no matter what the situation IMO.

Also when I ordered the item he sent me my invoice for.payment in less than an hour through email. So he got my money awfully fast and then disappeared into thin air.

Darn close to being a 100% scam.

Did you pay him with PayPal? If so, start a refund before it's too late. They'll get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by 5bassman View Post
    Did you pay him with PayPal? If so, start a refund before it's too late. They'll get your money back.
    Just filed a claim yesterday through PayPal. I would have been happy to wait if my messages wouldn't have gone ignored and him still being active selling items

After today, I'm done with it. Not gonna worry about it anymore. I hate wasting money
    Last edited by Chanmandolin; Feb-18-2017 at 3:27pm.

I have a feeling that I might have to do the same thing. I'll give it another week. I have not emailed or sent him a message yet.
    A couple of mandolins
    A couple guitars
    An Upright Bass
    Some banjos
    Wax Paper over a comb
    A Loar era Didjeridoo

Quote Originally Posted by Gutbucket View Post
    I have a feeling that I might have to do the same thing. I'll give it another week. I have not emailed or sent him a message yet.
    I, too, had to open a case with Ebay for an armrest that was paid for and never received. I haven't heard from him after sending messages and Ebay sending an inquiry to him. Maybe it's time for him to quit selling on that market. As Grandpa used to say, "If You Can't Cut The Mustard, You Won't Ketchup'.
    A couple of mandolins
    A couple guitars
    An Upright Bass
    Some banjos
    Wax Paper over a comb
    A Loar era Didjeridoo

28. The following members say thank you to Gutbucket for this post:

Still listed on Etsy...I said to myself...oh, that looks nice...oh, wait!!!
    Dobro Mandolin
    Kentucky Dawg Mandola
    Fender FM-53S
    Rogue RM-100A-BK

With all the problems folks are having with Leo and the fact that he is still actively selling, I asked him a question on EBay. I asked if his armrest are shipping out pretty quickly after order. It took him several days to answer me but here's his answer-

Yes, for my top sellers like rosewood, ebony, mahogany, etc. I've been keeping a few dozen extra on hand so that I can just pack them up and ship them out within a couple days when I receive an order.

I'm also pretty much caught up on a backorder log that stretched back to last September. My fiancé was murdered by her dad then and I just had to take a break, and things piled up. But I'm pretty much running at 100% again as of this week.

Leo
    Pava Player A5
    2003 Martin UMGF #24 00-18VS

Quote Originally Posted by 5bassman View Post
    With all the problems folks are having with Leo and the fact that he is still actively selling, I asked him a question on EBay. I asked if his armrest are shipping out pretty quickly after order. It took him several days to answer me but here's his answer-

Yes, for my top sellers like rosewood, ebony, mahogany, etc. I've been keeping a few dozen extra on hand so that I can just pack them up and ship them out within a couple days when I receive an order.

I'm also pretty much caught up on a backorder log that stretched back to last September. My fiancé was murdered by her dad then and I just had to take a break, and things piled up. But I'm pretty much running at 100% again as of this week.

Leo
    If this is true then great. I'll still never deal with him again. Horrible experience and possibly the worst customer service that I've ever dealt with. Finally paypal recovered my refund. He ignored me and paypal. 2016 was the last message I received from Leo. Again I never used any threatening terms or did i use cuss words in my emails, no reason for him to ignore a customer. I actually spent money with him. You just asked a question and he replied to you. HORRIBLE!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chanmandolin For This Useful Post:

I'm guessing he answered me because I hadn't purchased anything yet. (and won't) I'm a fan of the McClung!
    Here's the proof-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3298.PNG 
Views:	261 
Size:	5.92 MB 
ID:	154643
    Pava Player A5
    2003 Martin UMGF #24 00-18VS

34. The following members say thank you to 5bassman for this post: