Thread: Kentucky KM1000

Default Kentucky KM1000

Got one of these bad boys on the way. It's a 2013 and supposedly in mint condition . I am giddy. Got a heckuv a deal on it , $800.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torpedotom For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Kentucky KM1000

You did good! They're great mandolins, I love mine, would never think of parting with it, could make you happy forever.
    2021 The Loar LM700 VS

I'm a Kentucky junkie. I have a KM150, KM171, and a KM855.

5. The following members say thank you to Torpedotom for this post:

Blog Entries

Those KM1000's have all the appointments and great tone. I like the traditional bluegrass feel of the fretboard and smaller neck. You are getting a winner!
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

I love Kentucky mandolins, I have had a KM1500 since I purchased it new in 1983, sure there are better mandolins, but I feel I would have to spend a LOT more than mine is worth to get something better.
    Last edited by Dave Simmons; Dec-29-2016 at 12:58am. Reason: puncuation

8. The following members say thank you to Dave Simmons for this post:

My main workhorse. It's a great mandolin, and your price was a good catch!
    2007 Weber Bruce Weber signedYellowstone F HT
    2009 Gibson David Harvey signed Goldrush
    2004 Gibson Danny Roberts signed F5G (Black face with block inlay)
    2009 Kentucky KM1000
    2013 Epiphone Flatiron Festival F2
    2014 Fender Mandostrat
    2014 Eastwood Mandocaster
    2015 Kentucky KM505

Well, I tracked the KM1000 this morning and it will arrive at my PO this morning which is a block and a half from my front door. The wife and I are at the river house taking some well deserved time off after the holidays visiting with family and friends and also four hours away. It will be late when we get home Monday so won't be able to get it until Tuesday. Another four days wait, but I guess it will be like a belated Christmas gift.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torpedotom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Please share your pics when you get back. Enjoy!
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

Well, went to the PO this morning, heavy with anticipation on picking my new to me KM1000. It was not there so was very disappointed, but looking forward to tomorrow. Wish me luck. Thanks

Am out of town at the river house for a few days, probably Wednesday or Thursday. I got word that my mandolin arrived at my post office about 7am today. My postal lady told me the box was in perfect condition so that took a load off my mind. For some who may be reading this for the first time, according to tracking, the mandolin has been in transit since Dec. 28, 2016, from OKC, OK. to Memphis, TN. Anyway, I'm a happy guy now. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks

Let us know how it turns out! My wife has a KM1000 - they're a nice instrument.

How would you describe the KM855 compared to others?

I got mine from Stanley Cox here on the forum and he said it had great tone. Well it certainly does. I found two on you tube and one was really good, as good as a Gibson F5L I heard on there and one was not so good. Mine is a dandy. It is in really nice condition and it has tone for days. It has a nice woody sound on the low strings with a bell-like ring on the high strings and the chop is right up there with the "big money boys". It is loud, but now uncontrollable. Nice hard shell case also. I have not played a KM1000 yet, just always wanted one and got a good price on this one or I would have been satisfied with my KM855. PM sent

Well, boys and girls, Wednesday, I'll have the prodigal KM1000 in my hot little hands. At the river house, we're kind of out in the country and I have the propane guy coming in the morning to fill my tank or I would be at the PO in the morning. It has been a long haul, but is finally over and am I ever glad. Pics to follow if I can figure out how to post them. LOL