Thread: Spbgma parking

Default Spbgma parking

Does anyone know if you have to have a parking pass at the Sheraton? Can you drive from another hotel and park to go in and jam?

Default Re: Spbgma parking

I do believe a pass is required to park at the Sheraton.

I could be completely wrong about that, but it just seems that's what I remember from years past.
    Https://www.reverbnation.com/chandlerbeavers/songs

"Never a teacher, always a student"

They sell a parking pass, $20 bucks but they seem to always sell out. We will be staying up the street also but get a parking pass with our table. You can use the empty lot at the bottom of the hill if you don't mind humping the hill.

Friday and Saturday the hotel people will be stopping cars at the entrance checking for passes. Thursday you will probably be fine.

Times may have changed but many years ago my band was to play for one of there shows and of course it is a non paying gig and when we got to the mail entrance they wanted us to pay to get in even though we were playing for free to help them raise some funds, anyway we left and I have not had anything to do with them since that day...

I feel that if a band is give their time to help with raising funds they shouldn`t be asked to pay, I have done this many times for other functions and have always made a donation as well as playing music...Even though with the donation it might amount to the same as paying to get in it`s just that they "demanded" that we pay...I hope it has changed by now, anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

Willie

I understand your feeling Willie, my band played a gig for a political fund raiser and we were treated like the lowest form of scum. I was looked at by one of the attendees while getting a beverage who said "I haven't seen that guy put anything in the kitty!" I turned to him and said, you're getting a lot more from me than this beer is worth. That was the last political gig I played! Offering support gratis and being made to feel like my time is not worth anything soured me on more than one "worthy cause".
    There is a good cause every day but, you can't play them all. Political gigs? I say never again, regardless of party affiliation.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

This from the SPBGMA Flyer:
    Hotel is NO LONGER selling parking passes. Vendors,performing bands, overnight hotel guests, and advanced ticket holders will be permitted to park on
    hotel property. Shuttle will be available from area parking lots.
    ∙ The Sheraton Music City prohibits overnight camping in their parking lots. Guests traveling in a motor home WILL NOT be permitted to take up more than
    one parking spot. Any trailer requiring a tow vehicle must be left at a commercial campground.

Wonder where "area parking lots" are. Parking in one of the near lots at the bottom of the hill like Hallmark said might work.