Thread: What song is that?

Default What song is that?

Hi! Just watched a really neat video on Finger-style cittern, by Joseph Sobol. Besides from being interesting, there is a part were he plays 4 seconds of a song which really caught my ear. He starts playing it at 5:31 and ends and 5:35. Anyone have an idea of what song that is? Thanks!

Here's the YouTube link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWYYq7mBCQ

Default Re: What song is that?

Blimey 4 second challenge. Tunepal surprisingly came up with a suggestion "tenting to -night" (eh?) with 72% confidence. Seems a tad unlikely.

3. The following members say thank you to James Rankine for this post:

Why not ask him? It's been many years since the far-off days of CITTERN-L, but he seemed pretty approachable then.

http://www.josephsobol.com/contact
    And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis

5. The following members say thank you to s1m0n for this post:

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Rankine View Post
    Blimey 4 second challenge. Tunepal surprisingly came up with a suggestion "tenting to -night" (eh?) with 72% confidence. Seems a tad unlikely.
    I'll say. CBOMs strong in double/triple stops give TunePal one hell of a challenge. When I play something it usually suggests half of the O'Neill's Collection with an even probability distribution.

This is a bit like identifying one sheep on the grounds that it looks "woolly".
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

7. The following members say thank you to Bertram Henze for this post:

"The Frost is all Over" ?

9. The following members say thank you to Eddie Sheehy for this post:

Emailed him, his response:

"Hi there--I'm not sure the name of that tune, it just popped into my head uninvited. What I played there was the beginning of the B part, if that helps any."
    - Joseph