Thread: Midi files, WAV files    ARGH.................

I have a CD burner program (Roxio easy cd creator five) on my new work computer . I am just learning to use it and thought I would take some celtic midi files from tunes I am learning and put them on a disc to practise with at home. Two hours later I have discovered that the tunes must be in WAV format to work properly. Does anybody know how to convert midi to wav or will I need a degree from ITT Tech to get it done. thanks, Jay
    I will give up my Collings "A" when they pry it from my cold dead hands!

I use NERO as a ripping /burning software, it works well , but you have to understand what is the difference between the two formats. WAV is your standard format that you would have on a normal store bought audio cd, its max playing time is about 70 minutes. MP3 is a compression program that can allow as much as 20 hours of music onto a CD. Most new players will take all formats of discs:WAV, MP3, DVD, ect. Most ripping and burning programs will change formats for you, unless its an old version. Also, most programs have some sort of Wizard feature to step you through the process if your new with the software.

If I don't want to burn a ripped CD right then and there, I will use "DB Power Amp Music Converter" to change formats. I believe it is free downloadable.

MP3 has the advantage of more music in one CD, but at a cost of quality , and only play in an MP3 player. WAV are your normal CDs for everyday CD players.

MIKE