Thread: Oldwave website?

Richard J.

I just tried to get to Bill Bussman's website and the link I have (same as in the builder's section here) lands you in a security alert from AT&T with a message about possible fraudulent activity there and says the site is blocked. Does anybody know if Bill has a new website url? NO reflection on Bill-I just want to look at his stuff (again)..
    "The older I get, the better I was!"

I just went to oldwavemandolins.com with no difficulty. The problem might be spyware in your own machine.

http://www.oldwavemandolins.com/ works for me. Funny things are happening these days. The FBI has confirmed that all environmentalists and mandolin builders are in fact terrorists.

Richard J.

I just called Verizon (my isp) and they gave me a number for AT&T. I just contacted them and they said it's a virus/scam that is surfacing today right now all over the country. Someone has enable this "virus" to redirect various users to this AT&T message when attempting to access random sites thus preventing access for no valid reason even though they have "pirated" AT&t's security message to do so. Don't know what to do other than run a scan and see what happens. Beware if you guys experience this with any browsing you may do.

Blog Entries

I'm using Safari on my iBook running OSX 10.3.9 and I got that page from the www.oldwavemandolins.com URL. However this URL seems to work fine.

Best,
    Daniel

Exclamation

I'm with Chris... I think the Department of Homeland Senility... err... I'm mean Security has identified the Websites of people that have owned Cat Stevens' albums, have listened to Cat Stevens' albums, or who know people that have listened to Cat Stevens' albums. They are currently working with AT&T, Clear Channel Communications, and Halliburton to blacklist these dangerous individuals. Judging from Bill's posts to this forum, I suspect he's listened to at least one Cat Stevens song in his lifetime, which indicates indirect support for Hamas... dangerous stuff. If you know anyone that has listened to Cat Stevens' you should report them immediately or you may be investigated for complicity.

The other option I can think of is that your ISP is redirecting you through a DNS server that was not properly secured and some hacker or script kiddie has been messing with their DNS records. I can navigate to www.Oldwavemandolins.com just fine through my ISP.

pd
    "... beauty is not found in the excessive but what is lean and spare and subtle" - Terry Tempest Williams

Richard J.

That one works for me too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by (PaulD @ May 21 2005, 11:36)
    I'm with Chris... I think the Department of Homeland Senility... err... I'm mean Security has identified the Websites of people that have owned Cat Stevens' albums, have listened to Cat Stevens' albums, or who know people that have listened to Cat Stevens' albums. They are currently working with AT&T, Clear Channel Communications, and Halliburton to blacklist these dangerous individuals. Judging from Bill's posts to this forum, I suspect he's listened to at least one Cat Stevens song in his lifetime, which indicates indirect support for Hamas... dangerous stuff. If you know anyone that has listened to Cat Stevens' you should report them immediately or you may be investigated for complicity.
    Nice one PaulD. #Cracking me up.

Richard J.

Uh-oh...two of my current three* mandolins were made out of the country.....

*Quantity subject to change without notice or responsibility whatsoever...

I thought this was a forum for mandolin topics. Not extreme political conspirecy comments. I get to their site just fine.I reccomend deleting your temp.files and cookies from your brouser and run your anti virus and adware programs and try again.
    Shudup and play your mandolin!

Quote Originally Posted by
    I thought this was a forum for mandolin topics. Not extreme political conspirecy comments.
    MandoMadMan... sorry if I offended you, just trying to have a little fun with it. I don't really believe that the government is conspiring against Mr. Bussman.

Paul Doubek
    "... beauty is not found in the excessive but what is lean and spare and subtle" - Terry Tempest Williams

Richard J.

Thanks for the update Bill. Now I can continue shopping....

Chief Moderator/Shepherd Ted Eschliman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question asked and answered, with a little "sidetrack" journey. Glad the mystery has been solved.
    Now we can move on...
    Ted Eschliman

Author, Getting Into Jazz Mandolin