Thread: Connecticut pickers !

Hey everyone or anyone. Are there any other good pickers in my bluegrass deprived state of CT? I'm in Southington, I'm 40(look 28) and play a Flatiron F5. I'm looking to put together or join a high energy bluegrass/jamgrass/rockgrass jaw dropping thing. I'm single and can tour. I play mando pretty darn good according to all my seasoned musician pals. I have a out-going personality and can sing some. I played guitar pro for over 20 years on both coasts and have lots of stage experience. All that rock playing has givin my mando playing a bit of an aggressive edge. I love and play some Monroe,Grisman,Bush,Thile ect. and bands like Osbourne bro's,Allison Kraus,Old and in the way,Yonder Mountain string band and many others. Not looking for the suit and tie good boy thing. If you feel your like minded and humbley feel your a decent picker(s) or know a picker(s) who can step out of the traditional box once in a while,please contact me. I'm also thinking of doing weekly jams at my house if I can get the interest. See you all at the Strawberry park festival. Ron
    Shudup and play your mandolin!

Ron,

Imagine this.... I am also in Southington and a fellow mando-ist. I play a Collings MT, and have been mostly playing old-timey, Dawg music and jazz on the mando (some of my recordings are on the Mando Project). I recently had an ad in the Advocate looking for fellow players. I would love to get some sort of a jam set up and running, or at the very least get together with you and just play. Nice to know I am not the only picker in the central CT area!

David
    My WWW Home | Prester John Duo | New American Mandolin Ensemble
    "So Much Music, So Little Time!"

Hey Dave, I emailed you,not sure if it went through. Would like to get together Ron.

Registered User El Rey del Mando's Avatar

Madman,I'm in norwalk,My brother is in monroe.I have a flatiron F5A and others.My brother also has a flatty and others.We were called Misty woods for years.We have been playing bluegrass fo 30 years.I play banjo and upright bass also.We will be at strawberry.

cool, I'll see ya there. I'll keep an eye out for you, as you'll be the guys with the pile of flatirons. I'll be field camping,the guy who just won't stop pickin his flatty for four days, can't miss me !

My life is crazy these days but I hope to be at strawberry Sunday, with a Gibson A9, energetic 4-year-old and less-than-thrilled wife! Also, I work in Bristol - you guys ever check out that jam at the senior center in Bristol? http://www.ctbluegrass.org has details.
    John
    John F

am in Beacon Falls -

have mando - mandocello-

into way more than just bluegrass

give me a call

203-895-1478

Tim