Thread: Replacing Bridge on Fender Mandocaster

Default Replacing Bridge on Fender Mandocaster

Last year I bought one of the new Fender 4 string Mandocasters. Made in Indonesia but really quite solid. I really love it. It's great fun, easy to play etc. However the intonation of the high e string is not right and although I admit to being completely ignorant of technical work on instruments, it seems to me that with it's bridge only offering adjustment to two strings at once, either the high A and E or the lower G and D I can not adjust the intonation of the E string without impacting the intonation of the A string as well. Does anyone know if there is a four screw intonation adjustment replacement bridge that would address this problem?

Default Re: Replacing Bridge on Fender Mandocaster

I was thinking of one of these but mine intonates perfectly and I wonder whether the instrument itself warrants one - http://www.moongazermusic.com/bridges.html

3. The following members say thank you to Ray(T) for this post:

Wow thanks. One of these might be just what I'm looking for. The instrument warrants one? You mean is it worth it? Yes I think so.

fishing with my mando darrylicshon's Avatar

You might try replacing the saddles only , i say on here i think someone making slanted saddles to address the problem you're talking about, i don't have time to search for them When i get home i can look but maybe someone else may remember them
    Ibanez 70's 524, 521, 3 511's,2 512's,513,1 514,3 80s 513's, 522
    J Bovier F5-T custom shop
    Kiso Suzuki V900,
    The Loar lm600 Cherryburst
    morgan monroe mms-5wc,ovation
    Michael Kelly Octave Mandolin
    Emandos Northfield octave tele 4, Northfield custom jem octave mandolin 5 octave strat 8
    2 Flying v 8, octave 5, Exploryer octave 8 20"
    Fender mandostrat 4,3 Epip mandobird 2,4/8, Kentucky. KM300E Eastwood mandocaster
    Gold Tone F6,Badaax doubleneck 8/6

6. The following members say thank you to darrylicshon for this post:

Before you mess with the bridge, try swapping the string out. If the string frets sharp as you move down the neck then you want to go with a heavier string. So, if you currently have a .009 for the E go to .010 or .011 and see if that changes it without adjusting the saddle. Heavier string will bring intonation towards nut and lighter string will draw it away from nut.

8. The following members say thank you to thistle3585 for this post: