Thread: A Big Thank You to all

Default A Big Thank You to all

Hey guys I am new here, and have posted several threads asking various questions about mandolins. You all have graciously answered them, and it is greatly appreciated.

I have something to admit... I have the Mandolin bug...Wholly Cow they are wonderful instruments. My playing is coming along. I am basically a guitar player, but wanted to learn something new. It is a challenge being so small but I am getting use to what you have to do to play clear notes. I am sure as time passes I will be here more and more asking questions.

Thanks Again
    Steve

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slk For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: A Big Thank You to all

We're glad you're here and glad to help. Welcome.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Blog Entries

He Steve, I get ya, man. Mandolins get into your DNA. We refer to that as MAS. It has reeked havoc on my guitar collection-- sold several guitars and amplifiers to acquire mandolins. Have fun and welcome aboard!
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

5. The following members say thank you to lflngpicker for this post:

The cool thing is you can play one in the front seat of a 1968 VW Beetle and not disturb the driver!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timbofood For This Useful Post:

Gibson F5L Gibson A5L
    Blog Entries

Welcome Steve .... many here started their mandolin journey on a guitar ... The biggest difference between the two is the fact that tuned in fifths instead of fourths with no B string all patterns and shapes are movable forms ie. If it works here it will work everywhere else ...... Also being tuned in fifths going up means it is in fourths going down so a I IV V VIm chord progression is literally right next door on the fingerboard .... Enjoy ,,, R/
    I love hanging out with mandolin nerds . . . . . Thanks peeps ...

Hi Steve and welcome.

I am new here as well, and am new to the mandolin. In fact, I am new to music. I have no background on guitar or any other instrument, but I really like playing the mandolin. I am learning a LOT here, and from some of the books recommended here. Like you, I greatly appreciate all the helpful advice here from experienced players. I have never seen a place where people are more welcoming to beginners.

Enjoy the transition to mandolin! What a beautiful little instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by SOMorris View Post
    Hi Steve and welcome.

I am new here as well, and am new to the mandolin. In fact, I am new to music. I have no background on guitar or any other instrument, but I really like playing the mandolin. I am learning a LOT here, and from some of the books recommended here. Like you, I greatly appreciate all the helpful advice here from experienced players. I have never seen a place where people are more welcoming to beginners.

Enjoy the transition to mandolin! What a beautiful little instrument.
    welcome Steve, and SOMorris

as others have mentioned, the DNA of this little friend gets in your blood. so much it can do, and its such a little fellow.
    like others, i came from a guitar background-in fact, i just checked in on my guitar after 8 months of no playing it!

below is a link to a neat place to learn a lot-and the young man who runs it hangs out, and came up in the ranks on this forum.
    its free, but a couple dollars each month can make sure it stays available.

http://www.mandolessons.com/

enjoy your time well spent on the MandolinCafe
    d