Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RHU BEAG by Beag MacLeod, Kevin Macleod, Alsadair Fraser

Default Re: RHU BEAG by Beag MacLeod, Kevin Macleod, Alsadair Fraser

http://joseph-peach.com/west-highland-free-press-1

Quite a long article, but well written by one of our fine young Highland musicians, the accomplished 19 year old accordionist Joe Peach of Altandhu, in Coigach.

The cd is available through Paypal on my website, if you are interested, and it is only £5 ! Less than an Edinburgh pint of beer!!!

Just ordered CD on-line from your site, Kevin. Looking forward to listening to it. also looking forward to meeting up next week at Freeland's event at Celtic Connections. Awaiting my tickets which were ordered some time ago but will be delivered "Nearer the time" as it says on the ticket site!

If you have not sent off the CD before you read this, maybe you could autograph it for me? Potential stalker lurking?

John
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Hi John, yes, thanks for the order and I have signed it, thus reducing its value considerably!
    We'll see you at the Fruitmarket on Tuesday! Excellent!

Cheers, Kevin

Kevin, CD arrived today along with the snow. Been having a listen and it's great. Many thanks and see you Tuesday.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

Grand to see you at the Fruitmarket gig last night John, and I hope you found it enjoyable, as its a treat for us to have the 6 piece band out for a dance these days. Delighted to hear that you are still beavering away making fine mandos, what a great achievement to make the instruments you play!

All the best, Kevin

Many thanks, Kevin. The gig was really enjoyable and it was good to catch up with Tim and Murdo and a few other folk there. i liked the format of the whole event, with the links to those who had contributed to the book and the chance to hear a good variety of music. The guests were all of the highest quality and a tribute to Freeland and his music.

Great too to see the dancing so popular from the first tune on. We had to leave early for the last ferry home so missed a lot of the dance music, but what we heard was well up there with the best.

John

Peace. Love. Mandolin. Gelsenbury's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Burns Night! It's been the perfect occasion for my first listen to this CD. I love the cover, by the way: very atmospheric and capturing the cosy mood of home-made music.

It's an exceedingly well played collection of great music, which has brought back one or two memories: Teribus was the first tune I learnt from my mandolin teacher, and the Steamboat is one I learnt at one of Simon Mayor's mandolin workshops.

The only fault I can find with this recording is that I'd like to hear more of Kevin's wonderful mandolin playing! It's difficult to compete with bagpipes and accordion!

Happy Burns Night, indeed, G.

I'd agree with you about the CD and as mandolin players we can never get enough of fellow players of the quality of Kevin. I'd also recommend Kevin's CD "Highland Strands", 14 tracks of really fine music. I hasten to add that I have no commercial interest in the CD but am just an avid fan of good music being really well played!

Thanks! The cover is a shot from the set of the film "Slow West" in which we were extras. It came out to excellent reviews last year, and was written and produced by my cousin Will Maclean's son John. Will plays the trump on the cd!

As John kindly mentions, there is more exposed mandolin music on my various cds which can be found on my website.

Many thanks again!

Kevin

Peace. Love. Mandolin. Gelsenbury's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I already have Highland Strands, Springwell, and Dorney Rock, and I'd recommend them all.

Great! I have recently got hold of some new copies of "Polbain to Oranmore", my duet album with the legendary bouzouki/guitarist Alec Finn, and there is also "Braes of Badentarbat" and "Rhu Beag", all of which have a good bit of mandolin and such like instruments.

Many thanks for acquiring the others, that helps greatly!

best wishes

Kevin