Thread: ISO music for Vivaldi concerto

Default ISO music for Vivaldi concerto

The Baltimore Mandolin Orchestra is looking for the mandolin orchestral accompaniment for Vivaldi's Concerto in G Major for Two Mandolins. We have the two solo mandolin parts and an incomplete and not very legible set of the rest of it. We're not looking for the string version, but one specifically for mandolin orchestra. In addition to the other (non-solo) mandolin parts, we would need mandola (in treble clef) mandocello (in bass clef) and guitar and bass parts. Anybody have it? Or know where to get it? Does one even exist? Thanks.

Jim B.
    BMO

Default Re: ISO music for Vivaldi concerto

In addition to the various string orchestral versions on IMSLP and at Trekel, there is as far as I can see only one arrangement for mandolin orchestra in print -- the Trekel edition arranged by Siegfried Behrend:

http://trekel.de/de/11859-konzertgdur.html

The score and all individual parts can be ordered separately from Trekel. I should say that I don't have that edition and can't say anything about its quality. I have however played a number of Behrend editions of Baroque pieces for mandolin orchestra and generally like them. Most Behrend editions published by Trekel are from the 1960s or early 70s, and may not be as pretty as more recent editions.

Martin

The Behrend edition is perfectly fine and standard. The mandola part will be in treble clef. Presumably you want this edition because it has a guitar part, which Behrend realized from the figured bass. So, as Martin says, just order what you need from Trekel.

Alternatively, you could write to Alex Timmerman. Het Consort plays a version for mandolin orchestra. I don't know, however, is this is just the Behrend edition or Alex's; if the latter, perhaps he would share.
    Robert A. Margo

Quote Originally Posted by margora View Post
    Alternatively, you could write to Alex Timmerman. Het Consort plays a version for mandolin orchestra. I don't know, however, is this is just the Behrend edition or Alex's; if the latter, perhaps he would share.
    Thanks. I already PM'd Alex, waiting for a response.

Audio, Scores and parts now available on my 'Baroque Arrangements' web page at

http://www.andyboden.com/baroque.html

Simple continuo supplied by Guitar and Mandocello

Andy
    Mandolins -
    Paul Shippey electric custom - 2009
    Paul Shippey maple model oval hole - 2012
    J Bovier EMC-5
    Suzuki (Nagoya) bowlback 1973

My Soundcloud Stream

My Mandolin Music Page

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy Boden For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Boden View Post
    Audio, Scores and parts now available on my 'Baroque Arrangements' web page at

http://www.andyboden.com/baroque.html
    Many thanks to Andy Boden for doing this for us!

Jim B.