Thread: Chris Thile to take over Prairie Home Companion hosting. For real

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Chris Thile to take over Prairie Home Companion hosting. For real

JazzMando What's New - All the internet chatter started over at the Mandolin Cafe appears to be verified, even by the hometown paper, the Minneapolis Star Tribune that founder and long time MC at the popular weekly public radio show, Prairie Home Companion is handing the baton (or Blue Chip pick?) over to internationally acclaimed musician and mandolin royalty Chris Thile.
    Garrison Keillor has attempted retirement many times the past decade and a half, but this time he appears to have a plan, and that includes the new young host.
    It was intriguing absorbing the buzz on the Cafe, stages of verification and validation growing strength and credibility by the hour Sunday.
    Read article: Garrison Keillor's retirement: Is he for real this time?

We don't know what's more exciting, hearing more Chris Thile mandolin or less Garrison Keillor's hack baritone vocals.

More news...

Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chris Thile to take over Prairie Home Companion hosting. For

Ahhh, but Garrison Keillor's vocals had a purpose. It was a demonstration / reminder that singing along was for everyone, not just performers and trained singers. That the fun one could have doing music could be evident and even entertaining, despite the less than spectacular abilities.

That is going to change now. The show will be spectacular, but in a different way. It won't be "you and me, lets enjoy some music" as much as "hey, listen to me and some of my over the top untethered brilliant friends". I look forward to it greatly, but I will miss Garrison.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    Ahhh, but Garrison Keillor's vocals had a purpose. It was a demonstration / reminder that singing along was for everyone, not just performers and trained singers. That the fun one could have doing music could be evident and even entertaining, despite the less than spectacular abilities.
    Yeah, well stated...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    The show will be spectacular, but in a different way. It won't be "you and me, lets enjoy some music" as much as "hey, listen to me and some of my over the top untethered brilliant friends". I look forward to it greatly, but I will miss Garrison.
    It needs a change.
    Bad.

The more over-the-top, the better...

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

How many threads are there on this subject? And how many do we need? I'm getting confused ...
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    How many threads are there on this subject? And how many do we need? I'm getting confused ...
    Well, the NewsFetcher has started a few (including this one), and you can't turn off the NewsFetcher...
    I've tried...

...and the NewsFetcher is very excited that the world's perception of the mandolin is about to change dramatically...

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

I know whatcha mean. NewsFetcher is a chatty so-and-so ...

I'm just a bit frazzled trying to keep up with the conversations going on simultaneously on at least three threads, remembering who said what on which and when ... it's getting to be too much!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!