Thread: Book of the dawg - jazz

Default Book of the dawg - jazz

Got the book, just marvy. I've been listening to many of these numbers for decades, and to see them laid out, with their little nuances and shadings is awesome. Steppin' With Stephane, for instance - great to see the melody notated out, pure and simple; Dawgola, Dawg Jazz - the same; plus, some tunes I was unfamiliar with. Great photos and reading, too.

Thanks, Dawg!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlanN For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Book of the dawg - jazz

Yep, I got it too...he went through some of these tunes at the symposium and it was such a treat to pick through some of these, hear the stories and see the notation to the tunes some of us have listened to for a long time now...dawg after dark is a great tune to play at the end of a long night of practicing! great resource.....

Stop the chop!
    Blog Entries

Happy to hear you people are satisfied because I just ordered the Jazz and Grass books. Surprised though that Dawgnation wasn't included. Re Dawg After Dark (the outside of which is almost purely pentatonic as I recall) - is there a written melody for the bridge, or just a chord sequence?

In case you didn't see it under General Mando Discussions, I wrote about this when I got my copy:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...quot-Dawg-Jazz