Thread: Music Slowdown software or tab request

Default Music Slowdown software or tab request

Hi, I'm new to mandolin cafe, hope this hasn't been covered already!
    I'm a long time guitarist who played mandolin a little here and there, finally committed and bought my own. I saw a Chris Thile video that caught my eye, he plays Moonshiner sitting alone on a stairwell, I think it's from the end of a documentary. You can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnr-D0DAwmE

I was wondering if anyone either knew of a good tab for it, or could recommend a safe and preferably free music slowdown program? I can play the general gist, but he has some beautiful licks I'd like to learn and he's just too quick for me.

Any pointers would be appreciated!
    Huck

2. The following members say thank you to sincerelyhuck for this post:

Default Re: Music Slowdown software or tab request

You can slow down YouTube videos to get a better grasp of what he's doing. Have fun!
    http://www.youtubeslow.com/

Registered User maudlin mandolin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Audacity is free and allows you to slow down by as much as you like without changing pitch.

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

If you're on an iPad the amazing slow downer works very well. And is free.
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

Thanks guys! I'll check those out, although i figured out that VLC works well too, you can slow down video/audio without changing the pitch. I did ok on the song, might post a tab although my theory/timing is pretty poor. either way, check out the track in the OP, it's beautiful

I know you said free, but I'd recommend The Amazing Slow Downer App. I've used both it and Audacity, they both work well but I think ASD is easier to use if all you are doing is slowing down a piece. I don't remember the cost, but it has been worth it for me as I was often a little frustrated using Audacity, which is more complex.