Thread: Shops in Central Florida

Question Shops in Central Florida

can anyone recommend shops in Central Florida that have a decent selection of Mandolins to try? Thanks.

Default Re: Shops in Central Florida

I'm in Volusia county on the coast and it is pretty slim pickens over here. Total Entertainment in Daytona Beach had a few entry-level mandos (Ibanez, Fender, Epiphone) last time I was there. Your best bet would be the greater Orlando area but I couldn't tell you where. Good luck. I'll check back on this thread to see if anyone has some info, as I would also like to know.

There's a place in Plant City called Bailey's Acoustic Instruments. I haven't been there yet, but I might try and get over there on on of my days off this summer. Not sure what kind of hours they keep. They also build instruments.

Ken Bailey moved to the Carolina's, the decent mandolin shop is in Tallahassee and it is called the Mando Shop
    Weber Bitteroot Custom
    Eastman 905D 2 point
    Scott Cao 850
    Taylor NS34CE
    "You have to go out on a limb, that is where the fruit is"

I was at the Guitar Center in Winter Park; they have a couple of good "The Loar" LM590's and one LM600. None of them sport a very good setup (no surprise!), but all 3 have some potential. They also have an F-5, possibly made in the early 80's (pre-Flatiron). It was hanging very high, and I had no desire to play it, however it's been there for a while; I'm certain that it can be had cheaply. Nickster had a great recommendation in The Mando Shop, although it may not be within easy striking distance for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rich in Fla View Post
    can anyone recommend shops in Central Florida that have a decent selection of Mandolins to try? Thanks.
    Rich in Fla, welcome. I'm stopping this discussion right here. You're posting from Tallahassee, home to The Mando Shop. I'm already on record publicly questioning and calling to attention their business practices which have violated our posting guidelines multiple times. Everything here--visible to all, and some visible only to me--clearly indicates this is a continuation of this same practice of attempting to do whatever is necessary to get mentioned on this Forum. Of course it worked before I read this, but we will have none of it and will continue to vigorously enforce our posting guidelines.

More evidence this business continues to do more of the same, this post. New user never-before-seen, registers, a few minutes posts glowing reports and never logs in, never ever posts again, is never seen, email never used nor available on Google. Dozens of them, over and over. Brazen.
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Jun-26-2015 at 2:38pm.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scott Tichenor For This Useful Post: