Thread: mountain faith?

Default mountain faith?

Love this band Mountain Faith, new to me but apparently they've been around a little while. Anyone else digging them?

Default Re: mountain faith?

Great and talented group of folks. Cory Piatt is an amazing player. Nicest group you'd ever want to meet.

I haven't gotten to see them live yet, just got the Blue cd last week and it's really good. Half the songs are written by the young lady that fronts the group on the fiddle, and to me they sound like they were written 80 years ago. Really old time sounding. Good traditional bluegrass sounding band.

Where do these kids learn to play the mandolin the way they do ?

I've enjoyed checking them out on Youtube. Hope I get to see them live some time soon.

5. The following members say thank you to outsidenote for this post:

I had a friend all throughout grade school who was an older cousin of theirs. Back in 2003 or so, I was just learning some bluegrass guitar and we went over to Bryson City and jammed with them. Already at that young age (very young at that point) you could tell those kids were especially talented. I don't think it's all the same members as at the time but some are. Their dad played bass and was one of the nicest guys I'd ever met.
    I think Rhonda Vincent had them open for her at Western Carolina University (my school) for a concert in about 2007.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

They were on america's got talent last night

Blog Entries

Their song was pretty good, well done, but I was hoping for something to blow my socks off. They got through to the next round, so they have done what they needed to do this time.

I especially enjoyed Howard Stern's comments regarding Bluegrass festivals. Not.

They barely scratched the surface, so I guess that's good in a way. Lot's of gas still in the tank to show off later. But yeah I thought the same thing. Must be to make it approachable to the general public. Pick a pop song and play it bluegrass.

Stern commented on her voice too and I totally agree, she's got a great voice.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmsnyder For This Useful Post:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing the link. Summer has had a great voice since she was born I think.
    Back 10 years ago or whenever that was, the fire shop mentioned is where I got to jam with them.

I agree that their song choice was probably (and smartly) selected to appeal to the broader audience. Most everything I have ever heard them play is more on the traditional front but that may not go over as well with "the public". Gotta play the game to win.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85