Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Mandocello

Default Re: New to Mandocello

We attempt to keep this civil and a nurturing community. If that's anyone's problem it's a big old internet, take it elsewhere. Might be time to read more and post less.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeEdgerton For This Useful Post:

lost in the woods below Lake Tahoe, California

Default Re: New to Mandocello

Plenty of free-for-all forum sites exist and they can be real fun. Polite sites are a different sort of fun.

I think it was Woodrow Wilson who said that academic feuds are vicious because the stakes are so low. Argumentative forum sites are like that -- there's nothing to gain or lose; they're just venues for ranting. The stakes here (and on the camera/lens forums I used to frequent) are somewhat higher: creativity, happiness, skill, money, that sort of stuff. We act nice and treat each other respectfully because we want to keep those flowing. I can slip back into 4Chan and have a great time, spewing and snarling and urinating upon my fellow creatures. It ain't like that here. I'm glad.
    Mandos: Coleman & Soviet ovals; Kay & Rogue A5's; Harmonia F2 & mandola
    Ukuleles: 3 okay tenors; 3 cheap sopranos; Harmonia concert & baritone
    Banjos: Gretsch banjolin; Varsity banjolele; Orlando 5-string; fretless & fretted Cümbüs o'uds
    Acoustic guitars: Martin Backpacker; Ibanez Performance; Art et Lutherie; Academy dobro; Ovation 12-string
    Others: Maffick & First Act dulcimers; Mexican cuatro-menor; Puerto Rican cuatro; Martin tiple; electrics
    Wanted: charango; balalaika; bowlback mando

4. The following members say thank you to k0k0peli for this post: