Thread: Por Una Cabasa Tab

Default Por Una Cabasa Tab

Hello,

Anyone out there directly me to where I can find the tablature fot the tango tune "Por Una Cabasa"? Featured in the movie "Sent Of A Woman".

Default Re: Por Una Cabasa Tab

Martin Jonas posted a version of this about a year ago. It's a lovely piece. You'll have more luck in your search if you spell it Cabeza. There is a version in guitar tab in .tef format http://freetabs.org/listtabs.htm.

There is a very good guitar arrangement (which plays easily on mandolin) on free scores.com but it's in notation.

The professional version of tab edit will convert guitar tab but all this seems like a clincher argument for learning notation.

Quote Originally Posted by des View Post
    Martin Jonas posted a version of this about a year ago. It's a lovely piece. You'll have more luck in your search if you spell it Cabeza. There is a version in guitar tab in .tef format http://freetabs.org/listtabs.htm.
    The link to my recording and to the sheet music (sorry, no tab) I have used is in this old thread:

Link

The syncopation is a bit tricky, and better picked up by ear than from notation.

Martin

I have the tab as a PDF and will post it if I can figure out how. Or I can e-mail it to someone who knows how.

Thanks, if you could do that it would be great!

Thanks everyone! I'm on a Tango roll with por una cabaza, la comparcita and el choclo, (sorry for the spelling, German I can handle). I can't get the three of them outta my head! I figured that maybe if I learned to play the damn things they would go away!

I tried to post the PDF tab, and couldn't get the links to work. Is there a way to e-mail this to Duigiud (or anyone else to post)?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Jonas View Post
    The link to my recording and to the sheet music (sorry, no tab) I have used is in this old thread:

Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Jonas View Post
    a more elaborate band arrangement I found at a Czech site (link).
    Looks like that version is no longer available. Says "Page Not Found" in Czech. Oh well...
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1