Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 4 Bridge System Madness.

Default Re: 4 Bridge System Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Jenner View Post
    I won't be doing any modelling. I've barely got the time to do the other measurements.

Dave, how do I measure impedance and accelerance?

Can you come here for a couple of weeks?
    Sure, I can pay a visit to Oz, if someone gives me a grant for the cost of the trip.

To measure accelerance, you need to measure the motion of a plate. The most direct and affordable way now is to purchase accelerometers on a chip, such as those used in hearing aid sensors. In olden times, accelerance was sometimes measured using a phono cartridge as a sensor. The fancy way is to use a shaker. The shaker has a mechanical "head" placed in contact with the plate, which literally shakes the plate in response to the signal from a signal generator. The shaker head also has an accelerometer built into it. Accelerance, admittance, impedance, and other response functions are all related (see Fletcher & Rossing text, appendix to Chapter 4), so the signal from the sensor for one can be converted by your computer into another.

If you are really intent on making measurements, be prepared for the possibility that your experiment(s) will be inconclusive or worse. That is part of doing experiments. It is what points you in the direction of the next experiment(s) you will need to do. Just one guess how I know that.

Default Re: 4 Bridge System Madness.

Some questions simply lead to more questions! Is that right Dave?
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett