Thread: Gibson EM-200

Default Gibson EM-200

NFI .... i've got all the sound i need from my National RM-1. But a not often seen EM-200 just popped up at archtop.com. Pricey .... but quite nice.

Ryk
    mandolin ~ guitar ~ banjo

"I'm convinced that playing well is not so much a technique as it is a decision. It's a commitment to do the work, strive for concentration, get strategic about advancing by steps, and push patiently forward toward the goal." Dan Crary

Default Re: Gibson EM-200

Yeah, that is top dollar for a '68 ...

http://www.archtop.com/ac_68_EM200.html

There were five of these at one time on eBay not long ago. The ones that sold went for more than I expected, so perhaps there's a seller's market for them right now, but nearly $3K for a '68 still strikes me as optimistic.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    Yeah, that is top dollar for a '68 ...

http://www.archtop.com/ac_68_EM200.html

There were five of these at one time on eBay not long ago. The ones that sold went for more than I expected, so perhaps there's a seller's market for them right now, but nearly $3K for a '68 still strikes me as optimistic.
    Often wonder how the sound of the EM-200 compares with the EM-150 -- solid body vs. hollow.
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

My EM 150 ish, Modified A50 4 string CGDA does sound different than the solid body I Got Made

which is also in CGDA 4 string .. the Bridge sitting on a resonant Body does make a difference.
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture