Thread: eBay listing: price difference !!!

Default eBay listing: price difference !!!

I am looking at two eBay listing for two mandolins of the same brand and model

One is listed at 340$ with a custom made case , plus 38$ shipping (was 680$ if I remembered well, now cut in half, pretty good deal huh !!!)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENTUCKY-MAN...item27d7c910a9

And one is still bidding, currently at 100$ (free shipping) with the original case
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kentucky-Man...item259b373147

Both seems to be in same very good condition.
    My local CL also listed one in excellent condition at 125$.

fishing with my mando darrylicshon's Avatar

Default Re: eBay listing: price difference !!!

I would go play the one on cl always best if you can play it, 2nd choice $100.00 ebay listing but it has a bid already who knows how much you have to bid to win i saw the same ads i have been looking for a cheap oval hole
    Ibanez 70's 524, 521, 3 511's,2 512's,513,1 514,3 80s 513's, 522
    J Bovier F5-T custom shop
    Kiso Suzuki V900,
    The Loar lm600 Cherryburst
    morgan monroe mms-5wc,ovation
    Michael Kelly Octave Mandolin
    Emandos Northfield octave tele 4, Northfield custom jem octave mandolin 5 octave strat 8
    2 Flying v 8, octave 5, Exploryer octave 8 20"
    Fender mandostrat 4,3 Epip mandobird 2,4/8, Kentucky. KM300E Eastwood mandocaster
    Gold Tone F6,Badaax doubleneck 8/6

I already have one of this same brand and model, it sounds good, warm and loud despite its small appearance.
    If the one on CL is closed to my home, I would buy it immediately, but i's a 3 hours round trip.

No way those are worth anywhere near 340. At 680 he was truly in dreamland. That custom made case, well, it speaks for itself.

100 to 125, if it has a solid top, is much more realistic.
    Don

2016 Weber Custom Bitterroot F
    2011 Weber Bitterroot A
    1974 Martin Style A

That expensive one has been around for awhile. She had it listed for 980 for awhile.

I have one just like it. Paid 295 for it new 25 years ago. I'll never part with mine. Love mine. Needed a good setup then, but has been around with me for ages. I'd get the cheaper one if:
    Seller has good feedback.
    Offers a good return policy

Dont ask me to put a value on it. Mine has been on dozens of camping trips, banged around and still looks and sounds great.

Just my $.02

3 hours left at $107 and it looks in excellent condition by the photos. You have a shot at this. Middle of the night on a Sunday night/Monday morning closing. What could be better?

100 to 125, if it has a solid top, is much more realistic.
    This one does have solid top / back and sides. It's very light compared to the traditional A and F styles but sound pretty loud.
    Last night, I played it with a guitarist and it does mix well with the guitar, not drown out.