Thread: Archives errors

Default Archives errors

I've noticed a few things in the archives over the years, mostly a few wrong photos. But I've just noticed that of the 21 H5 Loar era 'dolas 7649X and 76498 are the same instrument. I know it is a huge undertaking and very difficult to gather all of the information. Are there other major errors that have been noticed by anyone else?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Archives errors

If you mean on the Mandolin Archive, that's a separate entity also run by Dan Biemborn (who does a great deal of back end work on the Cafe). You may want to contact him directly with any corrections.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Well technically Gary that one is not an error. But you are right. It is 76498 We did not know the entire serial number for the mandolin that we labeled as 7649x
    Darryl G. Wolfe, The F5 Journal
    www.f5journal.com

The usage of the word error was too strong. I can't imagine how hard of a task it is to compile all of this information. I've seen a Loar mandola count stated as 21, based on the archives. Do we know how many there are? Is it officially 20?