Thread: Rose Room Chart

Default Rose Room Chart

I'm looking for a chart for Rose Room, and haven't been able to find anything satisfactory (yet). I responded to an older thread over on the Song and Tune Projects forum, but this seems a more likely place to find what I'm looking for.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Rose Room Chart

"Got time to breathe, got time for music" -- Briscoe Darling

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Gallaher View Post
    I don't think that link works any more or else just doesn't go to that pdf download.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Thanks, Jim. Here is an updated link for the pdf: http://www.guitare-jazz-blues-rock.c...ook-Django.pdf

Thanks, Jim. I actually had downloaded years ago but have a friend who is playing GS, so wanted to tell him about it.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

I wish he lived around here! Can't find a soul!

Jim--Are you the "Jim" posing a question here?
    Sounds like you almost found someone :^)
    http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/dis...ntral-virginia

cheers
    ---Joel

Alas, no -- that was someone in Lynchburg, VA, I think. The fellow who replied is Rick Olivarez, who heads the Rick Olivarez Trio. I saw them play earlier this year in Charlottesville at The Whiskey Jar. Rick seemed very competent playing GJ, but unfortunately for me this was in a very loud bar and I couldn't fully appreciate his efforts. He is also light-years ahead of me!

My search for someone nearby has proved fruitless. I haven't given up, but finding a GJ cohort would certainly speed my development. I keep adding songs to my repertoire in preparation!

Kind of late to this thread, I guess. I am in Lynchburg, Va, but I am working in Charlottesville. Hour and a half each way. Kind of tiring. I am trying to move closer to Charlottesville. Have thought about lessons with Olivares, but I am not even at a level where he could help me out much.
    On the other hand, I can strum a few bars of Coquette and about a half dozen others. I would love to meet up in or near C'Ville after work around five with somebody and work on my repertoire. If you could play the head or whatever while I pump the rhythm along, that would probably help both of us out.
    Coincidentally, there is a group that plays sometimes in Lovingston that plays gypsy jazz at the coffee shop there. There is a jam and then sometimes an outfit called the Accidentals that play Nuages and some other Django things. I am not really clear on the schedule or what they do. But what I am saying is that it is not so far from you in Staunton.
    Anyway, I would like to jam and learn some things. Anybody interested should just reply here. I am not familiar with the PM system on Mando Cafe having just arrived.
    Have a good day.
    -Patrick