Thread: Today in Mandolin History - November 13

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Today in Mandolin History - November 13

November 13, 2013, Don Stiernberg's Jazz Mandolin Appetizers published by Mel Bay.

This is a randomly selected event for today's date. For a list of all events that occurred on this date including internal and external links to these resources (interviews, audio files, historical links, etc.) visit the Mandolin Cafe's This Day in History.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Today in Mandolin History - November 13

I'm well aware I'm shouting into the void ... But I just learned, due to a bit of research in reference to a conversation elsewhere, that 11/13/1985 is the date someone took a poker to Bill Monroe's mandolins. This date has just come and gone, and I see this event is not noted here. It seems to me this is a noteworthy date in mandolin history, albeit a very unhappy one. Perhaps this could be added to the list.

Thanks!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Been there for years:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/...ovember&day=13

A random programming algorithm selects one of the events for the day and automatically creates all of this. Proof I didn't just add this after reading, it was selected as last year's random event for November 13, 2013 the day.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Hm? OK, I didn't see it when I looked. I'm perfectly willing to believe I didn't do it right somehow. Thanks! And, never mind ...
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

And 2012, and every single year back to when this feature launched since Don's book is only a year old.