Thread: Florida pickers

Default Florida pickers

Hey guys moving from WV Dow to FL. Merritt Island area. Looking to hook up with any players or groups. Please let me know if you or know someone to play with.

Thanks Richard.

Punta Gorda, Florida and Indian Harbour Beach,Florida

Default Re: Florida pickers

Hi Richard and welcome to Florida. I am not too far away from you. Send me pm when you are settled in if you like.
    Terry

Greetings Richard....I'll echo Terry and say "welcome"! I'm only around an hour or less up 95 from the Space Center.

Steve D.

Thanks guys! Ill def give you all a shout. Leaving all my friends behind up here in WV look forward to making new ones.

I'm in St Augustine, about an hour and 45 minutes north.

Google Sertoma Youth Ranch and check out their upcoming events. There's a lot of good music being played and you'll meet a ton of players from around the state who love to jam into the wee hours. It's a few hours drive from Merritt Is. to Brooksville but if you are into camping or RVs, it's a great way to meet new friends here in FL. There's likely a whole bunch more events going on closer to home as well as state wide. Welcome to the Sunshine State where the temps are quite frigid (for us) this weekend!!

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Richard, Just a few miles south of Daytona is a town called Orange Park and there is a campground called Rose Bay that has a open mik/jam session every Monday evening except when it is bikers week and the Daytona 500 is being run...I will be making it a few times after he first of the year so give me a PM when you might get over there and I`ll try and meet up with you...It`s about an 85 mile trip for me but I have always enjoyed myself when I go there, some real good pickers attend...

Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Richard, Just a few miles south of Daytona is a town called Orange Park Willie
    I think you mean Port Orange. Orange park is near Jacksonville .

I' 2.7 hours north in Atlantic Beach, near Jacksonville. There is a Bluegrass band (Atlantic Bluegrass) playing at Ozzies Crab house in Palm Bay on Wed nights. Would be work a check and ask them if they know some local jams.

Ok folks I'm down here and settled in. Ready to pick some.

FYI, there's a standing open bluegrass jam every Friday night in Ocoee. There's a Pizza Hut on Route 50 near Maguire Rd. Behind the Pizza Hut, there's a strip mall. In the parking lot between the Pizza Hut and the strip mall, some fine pickers get together around 6:30pm.

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rskibo View Post
    Hey guys moving from WV Dow to FL. Merritt Island area. Looking to hook up with any players or groups. Please let me know if you or know someone to play with.

Thanks Richard.
    Not sure where Merritt Island is. Will be in Loxahatchee Jan 1 through April 30. Staying at SunSport Gardens camp ground. www.sunsportgardens.com.

Great family oriented campground, but not for everyone. Hoping to have time to fine tune some rockabilly tunes I have been working on.

Thanks KisseemmeeKid. Ill check that out. I work in Kissemmee at Osceola Regional and get off around 430-5pm and it's only like 30 miles from the hospital so I could run up and check it out after work.

Quote Originally Posted by rskibo View Post
    Thanks KisseemmeeKid. Ill check that out. I work in Kissemmee at Osceola Regional and get off around 430-5pm and it's only like 30 miles from the hospital so I could run up and check it out after work.
    Some darn fine pickers there.

That means you're not real far from me, we could try to get together too. I live in Celebration.

Sounds good to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beach Mando.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	141954 My Boat Paddle made it to the beach!!! Should have looked up posts before I went. Might have given Tom a shout as we were in St. Augustine. Too busy with the 4 Grandblessings. Only got to pick around one afternoon

Ooops didn't rotate right

Rskibo, welcome to Florida! There is a jam session every Saturday at Fox Lake Park, near Titusville, about 45 minutes north of Merritt Island. Been there several times, but a bit far for me from Palm City for me to be a regular.
    1953 D18
    1955 015 Martin
    ‘60s Yamaha, my Dad’s
    2013 D18 Martin
    1976 Baldwin Ode banjo
    June #61
    June #74
    2001 Flatiron A5 Artist
    2014 Weber F5 Fern
    A very old no name fiddle

Short notice I know but thought I ask anyway, traveling to Fort Meyer March 4-6 any Mando music happening in the area then? I listen to all types of Mando music so open to anything interesting.