Thread: Nyberg 'Zouk @ Elderley's

Default Nyberg 'Zouk @ Elderley's

NFI what-so-ever, but I've played this 'zouk and it's a great one!

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/90U-6671.htm

Lawrence let me play this for a couple of weeks about a year ago when I was deciding upon the specs for the OM he was going to build for me. Playability and tone were fantastic and it also has a headway pickup installed. You couldn't ask for and would be hard to find better craftsmanship than this. I think mine was one of the first who had a side sound port done and he really liked it. Not long after my OM was delivered (May), he told me that he cut one into his as well and loved it.

Whoever gets this one WON"T be disappointed!

John
    ... not all those who wander are lost ...

Default Re: Nyberg 'Zouk @ Elderley's

Looks like a beauty

Blog Entries

Yeah, I saw the listing, and when I was at Elderly yesterday, I didn't even bother to look at it. Much too rich for my blood!
    =============================
    Apollonio Acousto-electric bouzouki (in shop)
    Mixter 10 string mandola (still waiting 2+ yrs)
    Unknown brand Mandocaster (on the way!)
    "Doubt begins only at the last frontiers of what is possible." -- Ambrose Bierce

i played a couple of Nyberg's back in the ninties and they were great then. they seem even better now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Zamites View Post
    Yeah, I saw the listing, and when I was at Elderly yesterday, I didn't even bother to look at it. Much too rich for my blood!
    Well, I was there again today, and couldn't resist. I played it. Believe me, if I'd have had a spare $3500 laying around, that would be MINE. Just amazing tone, so rich and full. Very smooth action and....just damn.

/going to buy a lottery ticket today, just in case I win, I can buy it.
    "Doubt begins only at the last frontiers of what is possible." -- Ambrose Bierce

I told ya

"Just amazing tone, so rich and full. Very smooth action and....just damn"

That's about how I feel when asked to describe my Nyberg. You're much more eloquent though There is so much goodness going on that it's hard to single out a characteristic when it all comes together so beautifully as a whole. Rich and full are excellent adjectives but you have to play it to get the full experience. Hopefully Lawrence will build something in rosewood soon as would love to compare it with the Koa and maple bodies I've played of his. I saw him at a show last weekend and he had 2 new parlour guitars just off the bench. Couldn't really hear in the crowded hall, but I was very impressed.

Someone is going to get a good one!
    ... not all those who wander are lost ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denman John View Post

I told ya

"Just amazing tone, so rich and full. Very smooth action and....just damn"

That's about how I feel when asked to describe my Nyberg. You're much more eloquent though There is so much goodness going on that it's hard to single out a characteristic when it all comes together so beautifully as a whole. Rich and full are excellent adjectives but you have to play it to get the full experience. Hopefully Lawrence will build something in rosewood soon as would love to compare it with the Koa and maple bodies I've played of his. I saw him at a show last weekend and he had 2 new parlour guitars just off the bench. Couldn't really hear in the crowded hall, but I was very impressed.

Someone is going to get a good one!
    I'll put it this way, I never felt like I could pick up and instrument and just go to town on it with no hesitation like it did that 'zouk. It felt...right? Natural? That soundhole on the topside just really added to my lusting for the cash to buy that. I wonder what Elderly's layaway policy is?

8. The following members say thank you to Rob Zamites for this post: