Thread: Doyle's zouk?

Default Doyle's zouk?

Anyone know the maker, or more important to me the body dimensions and scale length, of John Doyle's guitar shaped [cutaway] zouk???

Thanks
    Mike

Default Re: Doyle's zouk?

I know that Kevin Muiderman, a North Dakota luthier, made John a guitar and guizouki. I suspect you could track down the relevant info on the 'net.....

Paul

Hi Mike,

I just found a Youtube radio interview where John played the "sort of a bouzouki" instrument that he also referred to as a "bouzar". He talks a little about who made it at 5:15 in the video. Don't miss the song he played on it before that! Marvelous playing and singing! That instrument would be a joy to own and play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq8F8w4drTE

Svea
    Last edited by Svea; Oct-22-2014 at 8:34am. Reason: Youtube video not showing up

Thanks Paul and Svea….. Found Muiderman's web site….. unfortunately no specifications but great photos. I took a look at the you-tube, built by a plastic surgeon no less…who'd a thunk it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by michaelcj View Post
    Thanks Paul and Svea….. Found Muiderman's web site….. unfortunately no specifications but great photos. I took a look at the you-tube, built by a plastic surgeon no less…who'd a thunk it.

Mike
    I’ve been into John’s music for a while now and he’s superb… but that song will always have Jimmy Crowley’s stamp all over it, not to mention his accent…
    "Danger! Do Not Touch!" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille....