Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first mandolin, 5 cheap options

Default Re: My first mandolin, 5 cheap options

Ed Fed:
    Set up is critical to any mando, cheap or expensive, and normally an inexpensive instrument such the Rogue is not set up for playing when you received it. Using Robs set up instructions you should be able to make it easily playable and comfortable so that you can have a decent mando experience to start you off. It is well worth your time and effort.

I started on an Epiphone and it was a nice beginner mandolin. Nice looking and well constructed. I filed the nut slots and adjusted the bridge to make it play well but the neck was straight and the frets were level. It played in tune and was certainly adequate in terms of tone for a starter. I passed it on to another beginner when I stepped up.

The epiphone mm20, would be my choice of the instruments you listed.
    Jim Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by robster View Post
    Valentin,

Email; me at rob.meldrum@gmail.com for a free copy of my e-book on how to set up a mandolin. You can make an inexpensive mandolin play well if you follow the steps in the book. It's free for all mandolincafe members!

Rob
    I would love to have a copy of that set up book too! May I email as well for a copy?