Thread: Tabledit Social Group

Default Tabledit Social Group

Hi all, I'm trying to determine if there is an interest in starting a social group or forum thread for users of Tabledit. I've gotten involved in tabbing out tunes, and often run into trouble deciphering the program. I know there are several tutorials out there, but they seem cumbersome and dated. Sometimes I just need a quick work around or way to do a task, and I'm sure others out there could chime in. Your Thoughts? I will also post this in the song project forum. Thanks,
    Teri
    Teri LaMarco
    Hear my music on Spotify (and other streaming services)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/2XBuk...SV24bnkZ2uC-hw

Default Re: Tabledit Social Group

Hi Teri

I'm sure that lots of us use the TabLedit program often enough that such a group could be very helpful/interesting. Since you didn't mention it I will mention that there is a users' forum on the TabLedit website and I have gotten advice there a few times. An MC social group would great too. Might even encourage growth in the number of .tef files available here on the site. Wahooo!! By the way I was stoked that you said you might work on transcribing Sierra's arrangement on Tennessee Waltz in the other thread. That will be fun to try.

Scott

3. The following members say thank you to Grommet for this post:

Teri,
    +1 for what Grommet said. We need more Tef files.

Quote Originally Posted by Grommet View Post
    Hi Teri

I'm sure that lots of us use the TabLedit program often enough that such a group could be very helpful/interesting. Since you didn't mention it I will mention that there is a users' forum on the TabLedit website and I have gotten advice there a few times. An MC social group would great too. Might even encourage growth in the number of .tef files available here on the site. Wahooo!! By the way I was stoked that you said you might work on transcribing Sierra's arrangement on Tennessee Waltz in the other thread. That will be fun to try.

Scott
    Hi Scott, Thanks for your reply. I found the Yahoo Tabledit Forum, that may be the way to go. There is also some good links there for files. There is a thread here on MC started on Tabledit, but the last post was in 2004.
    I've tabbed most of Sierra's TN Waltz, but some phrases have me stumped, the notes I can get, but the timing seems syncopated, and I can't get it to sound right when played back. I'm not that well versed in notation, and the program when certainly 'tell on you' if not correct. I've realized it's impossible to get all the little nuances a particular artist does, so the tab is more of a guide that an exact science.
    Teri
    Teri LaMarco
    Hear my music on Spotify (and other streaming services)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/2XBuk...SV24bnkZ2uC-hw

I too would vote for a TablEdit forum area on MC !!

Steve
    http://www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/friendstab.htm

7. The following members say thank you to stevemcbill for this post:

Great idea - I would join for sure.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

Blog Entries

So as to the original question it looks like there is indeed some interest. What does it take to start a user's group?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.