Thread: Lost contact with my builder......HELP!

Default Lost contact with my builder......HELP!

Johnny Gray is building me a Gray Fern mandolin that is almost complete. But I lost his phone number and have not been able to get in contact with him for a few months now.......anyone have his phone number or email or something. His website is down, he changed his facebook, and he's not advertising anymore.......must have gotten overloaded or something.
    if someone knows him personally and could let him know or something...........Im starting to get worried that it will never get finished. He is a great guy but its taking forever to get completed!
    Thanks in advance -Seth

Default Re: Lost contact with my builder......HELP!

He is listed in the bullder's database as of June 2014 in Corbin, KY. His phone is: (606) 354-6873

Name:Gray, Johnny
    Company:The Gray Mandolin
    Address:

Corbin Kentucky
    Link:
    Phone/fax: (606) 354-6873
    Comments:F-style acoustic mandolins. Web site thegraymandolinshop.com went off-line for extended period June, 2014 so link removed.
    Update:June, 2014
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

He posts regularly on facebook as gray mandolins,just went there to see.
    Hughes F-5 #1
    Hughes A model #1
    1922 Gibson A-2
    1958 Gibson A-5

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    He is listed in the bullder's database as of June 2014 in Corbin, KY. His phone is: (606) 354-6873
    Thanks, didnt think to look there......im not very familiar with the cafe. And it wasnt coming up on my internet search. I will delete the post now.

Blog Entries

No you won't.
    The more I learn, the less I know.

Peter Jenner
    Blackheathen

Facebook

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete Jenner For This Useful Post:

Sether, might as well set this place as a favorite! You will come back sooner or later and then,..... then you will develop MCAD!
    Mandolin
    Cafe
    Addiction
    Dysfunction
    There are thousands afflicted with this malady. You may get past the infection but, it's like luggage or herpes, you never loose it completely.
    Last edited by Timbofood; Sep-17-2014 at 10:07am. Reason: Grammar
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timbofood For This Useful Post:

Smile Re: Lost contact with my builder......HELP!

[QUOT]=Timbofood;1325266]Sether, might as well set this place as a favorite! You will come back sooner or later and then,..... then you will develop MCAD!
    Mandolin
    Cafe
    Addiction
    Dysfunction
    There are thousands afflicted with this malady. You may get past the infection but, it's like luggage or herpes, you never loose it completely.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I kinda caught the bug already!
    I'm always checking the classifieds even though im not buying anything........well not supposed to be buying anything anyway

I STILL CAN'T GET IN CONTACT WITH MY BUILDER. I dont know what to Do! It kinda scares me that he doesn't have any contact info that works.....I have two phone numbers and an email, and none of them work. Can't contact him on facebook because he didn't friend me either.

Anyone on here that johnny gray is building a mandolin for?

Blog Entries

Just sent you a private message.
    belbein

The bad news is that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. The good news is that what kills us makes it no longer our problem

Anyone out there not received any contact from Jonny Gray recently about their mandolin build, please send me a PM.

I think there are quite a few of his customers that are getting really worried!

Steve Sorensen
    Sorensen Mandolin & Guitar Co.
    www.sorensenstrings.com

Thanks Steve,

What his customers want is a telephone number. Posting stuff on Facebook or sending an email is pretty much a waste of time. You get no answer. The builder is not being respectful and considerate to his clients. His customers pay a 2000 bucks deposit, wait endlessly with no communication or updates or replies to their emails, and don't get a product when they were promised.

Seth has not had his emails replied to for several months. He ordered his mandolin back in November 2012 and was promised it in March 2013. He still does not know if his mandolin will be finished.
    Nic Gellie

You could try going through Randy Jones of the Lonesome River Band, if I remember right he's Johnny Grays business partner and he has a facebook page etc. No excuse for not contacting you and letting you know what's going on. Good Luck.

Thanks Mark,

Unfortunately Randy Jones was Jonny Gray's business partner. For some reason unbeknownst to his customers they parted company earlier this year. At the same time the website was pulled from the web. No alternative website was set up to replace it. Finally no-one could contact Jonny Gray by telephone within a month or so afterwards. It has been like that ever since about May or so.

I am pretty sure that most builders here on the café make sure their contact information is provided to all their customers if there is a sudden change to their contact details. Seth was expressing his concern and frustration at not being able to contact his builder to find out what has was happening to his build. I would have thought that it would be good business to keep customers in the loop what ever hiccups or problems arose in the wake of a split-up. Some written reassurances too could help too to allay any customer fears or concerns.
    Nic Gellie

Seth, send me a PM.

Jonny has had some problems with his email. He should be in contact with you soon.
    Nic Gellie

Chief Moderator/Shepherd Ted Eschliman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let me be clear in the reason for shutting this thread off. Not to minimize concern for an unresponsive party in a financial contract, a builder certainly should be responsible for some degree of communication, especially when money has changed hands.

That said, our policy of not using the forum for leverage in disagreements is clear. "Grievances, personal and corporate: The Cafe discussion forum is intended to be a nurturing community. While it is fair game discussing vendor corporate policies, malevolent harassment of individual employees, including posting names, email address, or any other personal contact information will not be tolerated. For example, a concern about a manufacturer's warranty policy or a reseller's return policy is permissible. Using the forum to malign or leverage personal advantage in a conflict is strictly forbidden. Though intent or motivation are not always provable, the moderators reserve full right in deeming whether or not comments made are consistent with policy, and may take action to edit, delete, or when necessary, revoke posting privileges."

We aren't deleting this thread, but we are going to discontinue further dialogue here and any subsequent messages. That will have to take place elsewhere on the internet. Participation in this forum assumes contributors will abide by these long held guidelines.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ted Eschliman For This Useful Post: