Thread: Name this beautiful tune.

Question Name this beautiful tune.

No direct Mando content. Apparently the origin of this beautiful violin music during the closing credits of Japan's Sanrio's Hello Kitty Cartoons has stumped reddit. But I've never known the Cafe to fail on a reasonable question. Can anyone here name this soulful tune and artist?

Default Re: Name this beautiful tune.

I think that the band is X Japan, but sorry, I do not know the title of the end theme. It IS pretty.

I always considered that closing theme to be the producer's reward to parents for sitting through that awful cartoon for their kids' sake.

Knowing how business works I'll bet that song is most likely one that they had composed specifically for that purpose so that they could control the copyright on it and thus prevent anybody else from using it except by paying hefty royalties. It's quite common for producers to play an example from already-available music for their composer and then tell them "Write something just like that but original as per your contract so that we can control it." That's why John Williams's Star Wars music sounds so much like Holst's "Planets."

Either that or like the Lone Ranger TV show producers did, they found a public domain melody so they wouldn't have to pay anybody anything other than the musicians who recorded it for a one-time fee.

In any event, I'm sorry but I can't name that tune other than to call it "Hello Kitty Closing Credits Theme" (would that make it "Goodbye Kitty!")

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

I listened to it five seconds ago and I've already completely forgotten how it goes.

Take your mandolin, fret up and down, avoid the half steps of the scale to make it sound Asian and you'll be the ad-hoc composer of something equal or even better.

There are good Japanese score composers, such as Joe Hisaishi (Mononoke), but they are few and far between, like everywhere.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world