Thread: Need orchestra parts/score to Hummel Mandolin Concerto

Default Need orchestra parts/score to Hummel Mandolin Concerto

Does anyone know where to buy or borrow the orchestra parts and score to the Hummel Mandolin Concerto in G? An orchestra contacted me to play, I recommended that as a concerto with full orchestra, and they agreed. They are trying to order the parts and can't find it.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help - and I don't mind paying shipping both ways if you want to loan it :-)

Darren
    Mowry F-5 #37, 2013 Brian Dean "Roman" #85

Default Re: Need orchestra parts/score to Hummel Mandolin Concerto

The Hummel Project lists Heinrichshofen as a source.

What a long list of pieces by Hummel!

The Heinrichshofen site shows what looks like a set of parts, but for sale, not on rental. Hladky edition, which is probably what Darren has used for the solo part?

The imslp site gives this note for the piano concerto, op. 73: "According to Chandos, an arrangement of the Mandolin Concerto of 1799. Also known as a concertino." Might be worth looking into.

Or else, contact one of the soloists that have performed the work in Europe; someone may have their own parts copied from a library set.

I have the Hladky edition, but missing the mandolin part. When I bought ( it was expensive !) it from overseas it was not included.
    I copied the mandolin part into Noteworthy software from the score.
    The parts are Violin I and II, viola, cello, bass, flutes II and II, cornets I and II

Well, an order for $150 was placed with Heinrichshofen's Verlag in Germany, for the Hummel score, mandolin part with piano reduction, and orchestra parts, along with the Beethoven sonatinas, Hummel Grand sonata, and Hoffman Concert (mandolin / piano version). Fingers crossed that the order went through and that all is in stock. Looking at 2-4 weeks to get it, though

Wundo - I'd be interested in seeing those parts and getting a head start with the orchestra. I'll send you a message.
    Mowry F-5 #37, 2013 Brian Dean "Roman" #85

I have a copy of the mandolin concerto by Hummel in his own hand (always a good idea to verify an edition by going to the original). From memory it was from the British Museum. You could contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by wundo View Post
    I have the Hladky edition.....
    The parts are Violin I and II, viola, cello, bass, flutes II and II, cornets I and II
    I am pretty sure they are NOT cornets I and II but corni. The cornet was not invented until a few years after Hummel wrote the concerto.

Yes they are corni, not cornets.