Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: about strings

Default Re: about strings

All the strings mentioned above are standard offerings so someone must like them somewhere. The only way to determine their suitability for you is for you to buy a set and use them. Discussing them without hearing them on your instrument really doesn't get you very far.

All the strings mentioned above are standard offerings so someone must like them somewhere. The only way to determine their suitability for you is for you to buy a set and use them. Discussing them without hearing them played by you on your instrument really doesn't get you very far. in fact if you are looking for consensus it will get you nowhere.

i think its kind of misguided to just choose a favorite set of strings and only use those for all your mandolins.

When i get a mandolin i make it a point to try out as many different types as i can, because each set of strings will sound different depending on what mandolin its on
    "When you learn an old time fiddle tune, you make a friend for life"

TI in OP's Portugal maybe able to get them for relatively less, within the Euro Zone ,
    than US Made strings shipped abroad..

where US the whole shipping and import thing adds to the TI cost..
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

An observation: If you ask 25 mandolin pickers what kind of strings to use, you'll get at least 26 opinions. That also applies to picks.